Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:58 PM

Re: Would you have challenged this idiot?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Gulls and having them snaffle chips and so on was part of the summer holidays as I remember. So was buying a bag just to feed them - at least it was where we used to go.
So you are one of those to blame Todgy 👎👎

onkeyman! 😄😄
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So you are one of those to blame Todgy 👎👎

onkeyman! 😄😄
Sure! I LIKE wildlife.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 09:01 PM

Challenged the SOB? Bloody right I would. I can't abide cruelty to living things.

Come to think of I'd probably kicked him on the ankle and straightway deliberately fallen over, had the police come, and played the poor old codger beaten up by the thug card.

There's more ways to kill a cat than kicking it up the arse.
Bloody brill! ‘I can’t abide cruelty to living things’ and then

Theres more ways to kill a cat than kicking it up the arse’
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 09:10 PM

The hotel room in Jersey had a flat roof outside of the window. Every morning at about 7.00 a.m., there was a tapping on the window. It was a gull with a leg that had been injured at some time. It tapped with its beak until if got some food.

The hotel staff said that it shouldn't be encouraged but of course everyone who stayed in that room, including ourselves, would take pity on the poor injured gull and give it some food. It would take it and then slowly limp away.

I reckoned it was all a ploy and the gull was only playing the sympathy card. Once out of sight, it probably trotted around without the limp and had a smirk on its face.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 11:08 PM

Gulls and having them snaffle chips and so on was part of the summer holidays as I remember. So was buying a bag just to feed them - at least it was where we used to go.
Yes that's right, I can remember my Dad buying a bag of feed, so that I could feed them. I suppose the fact that it is now illegal to do so is partly to blame for the problems they cause.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 11:10 PM

I once saw a Gull take off with a whole carrier bag full of some lad's lunch. He took it up onto the roof and tucked in.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 11:44 PM

What a thoroughly disgusting example of a human being! Why did none of the passers-by stop him instead of just laughing at his cruel treatment of such a beautiful bird - I wish the other gulls had attacked him and given him what he deserved.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What a thoroughly disgusting example of a human being! Why did none of the passers-by stop him instead of just laughing at his cruel treatment of such a beautiful bird - I wish the other gulls had attacked him and given him what he deserved.
Probably because they could see that he was not being cruel ?
But was just trying to get his doughnut out of the seagulls beak ST ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes that's right, I can remember my Dad buying a bag of feed, so that I could feed them. I suppose the fact that it is now illegal to do so is partly to blame for the problems they cause.

You could be right.
We got them to trust humans by encouraging them to come and feed from us, and then try to throttle them when they do!
Like a bad April fool's joke on them isn't it.

But seriously, if you stand there waving food about in amongst a whole flock of those opportunist birds, you are asking for trouble.
Stupid man I say.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 01:23 PM

There was another incident involving a seagull stealing a bit of chicken or something from the guys mouth!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...chicken-mouth/

(Sorry LD, minor derailment) and it was filmed and put on social media. Now I wonder if the guy was teasing the gulls so that it could be filmed for social media in order to go viral?....I mean, who the heck films someone eating a KFC?

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top