Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 11:09 AM

Re: Builders Excuses!

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
Confused Lynne, there are no ridges on an outrigger. Do you mean you each have a 1/2 gable with a shared ridge?
Yes Paul thats what I meant Its just that hubby called it an outrigger & i dont know anything about buildings - i'm just a dumb woman
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 11:18 AM

I really feel for you Loretta We could do with some decorating doing. Iwant the paper in the through lounge taken off & the walls just painted but I think it would probably need to be re plastered or at least skimmed over first on most of the walls. I just cant face the upheaval though Its only a small house & I cant imagine where everything would go while the work is going on, Plus the spare bedroom wants doing as well ( that needs plastering as well). - its just a junk room really now. - hubby wont put stuff in the attic - he says if it needs to go in the attic then it means you dont need it so everything goes into the spare room.
Most of the stuff in there is his stuff anyway & he wont throw it out. We've only got the two bedrooms I'd feel ashamed if anybody needed to stay there
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 10:17 PM

Our floor retiling is finally finished. The men turned up late again today but they stayed late and finished everything and they have done a really good job. The problem now is that I've taken everything to put back where it was originally and somehow or other things that came out of cupboards don't seem to fit in now ! Tomorrow will be spent cleaning and in this heat that's no joke but absolutely everywhere is covered in dust from the tile cutting etc.

I hate decorating Lynne and I swore years ago I would never have wallpaper ever again. We just have plain painted walls easier to just slap some paint on but the rooms are quite large so it still takes longer than I like. The outside of the house also has to be painted every 2/3 years and that is a marathon tast, it keeps my OH busy and out of my hair for a couple of months though, haha.
Lynne55
Lancs.

11-05-2012, 10:36 PM

I'm glad to hear your tiling is finally finished Loretta Its surprising what junk you find when you have to empty cupboards to get any work done
You'll be needing plenty of hot water now to get all your cleaning done I think thats the worse part - cleaning the muck up afterwards & finding space to put everything back. Just take your time.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Good luck with the cleaning, Loretta - I don't envy you doing that in your heat.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 11:43 PM

work all done but can anyone tell me why the things I took out of cupboards no longer all fit in? I took them all out but will they all fit back in? NO

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top