Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 04:05 PM

Re: Are you left handed?

Write with my left , throw darts with my left , yet everything else is right handed . Tried golf once , couldn't do it as didn't know which way to hold the club , my brain was confused .
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 04:17 PM

There is a guy at work who is left handed and he bought in some left handed scissors. I tried them out and couldnt cut a thing. I can now understand how difficult it was for him to use right handed scissors.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 05:01 PM

I'm left-handed. When I was in school there was one particular Nun that whenever she saw me writing, would slap my hand with a ruler and insist that I wrote with my right hand. No chance! I just couldn't do it, but she insisted on continuing to slap my hand with that bloomin ruler until I went home and cried to my Mum, who had a quiet word with the Mother Superior. She left me alone after that,

Mind you, I learned that they used to put left-handed people to death as witches in the early 17th century.

I have also read that left-handed people are very talented.

Of course we are !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 05:06 PM

I suspect my left handed mother may have put the pencil in my left hand when I was learning to write. Although I use my left hand for writing I don't find it 100% easy, and my handwriting has always been terrible. I can't use my right hand for that activity, even though I use it for everything else, including my digital artwork.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 05:53 PM

One thing I do recall is that when in school and being left handed I always wrote with a left leaning slant. Very difficult when writing with a fountain pen as I always tended to get ink on my hand because I was leaning on what I had just written as I carried on writing. Ended up with many a blotched essay.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 06:38 PM

My daughter is left handed and I never tried to stop her or steer her towards being RH.

I'm RH and so is her father. I use my LH to wipe my bum
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 06:50 PM

Bit too much info there Pesta................
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Bit too much info there Pesta................

mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:10 AM

There is no longer a left stigma and rightly so, no pun intended Now I do admire ambidextrous people.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 08:30 PM

I'm a leftie and proud to be so. 15 guitars,of all types,fretless,bass,12-string,etc etc...which I've been playing since I was 5. I was new to a children's home in Lerwick,so I sat on the stairs when the other kids came down. I knew nobody,so I picked up a guitar which was leaning on the wall,on the step above me and started quietly playing it. When I looked up,there were three grown-ups staring at me. One asked where I'd learned to play a guitar. I don't recall this,but maaaany people have told ME it,so I suppose it's true,that I looked up and said "Don't be f#cking silly-I'm five!". I learned years later...I mean,about 8 years later,that the guitar I picked up and played,was a righty....which didn't phase me at all. BUT-my introduction to that children's home and all the kids therein,was to be brought onto the stage after assembly...and caned!
Ohh,happy daze. I still play either/or,guitar-wise;although I do bat,play golf,plus lay out cutlery,right-handed. I write lefty,MUCH prefer a proper,real fountain pen with a medium Italic nib,to using a non-denominational ballpoint thingy-but invariably brush my choppers righty! ooh-err..cereals are eaten with spoon in my left hand,yet soft-boiled eggs are tapped open with my right......sod this-I'm going for a lie down!
[and weirdly,it'll be on the left side of the bed....ARRRRRRRGGGHHH!]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top