Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:46 AM

Re: When's Dinner, I'm starving!

A mixture of tables and laps here. I rarely eat breakfast. It's usually only if the children or grandchildren stay that I do. Sometimes sitting at the table and sometimes not. Mrs. mart always has breakfast. A bowl of cereal placed on her lap-tray while sitting in her wheelchair.

Lunch is just after 12 P.M. and dinner is at around 6.00 P.M. Both meals are always eaten sitting at the dining table. We watch TV while eating. Bargain Hunt at lunchtime and the evening regional News at dinnertime with Fred Dinenage.

At 9.00 PM I settle down on the sofa to watch TV (Mrs. mart goes to bed). I nibble at some cheesy biscuits and a few bits of dark chocolate. Definitely lapped up.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 06:57 PM

I usually don’t eat before 12h00 - a cup of coffee is about it in the mornings.
I eat lunch between 12h00 and 13h00 - usually a salad or a sandwich (health bread) filled with a lean protein and salad.
Dinner is at 18h00 which is usually a pasta, curry, soup or grilled meat and veggies.
I drink up to 2 litres of water per day. It’s got great health benefits and good for your skin.
I enjoy a glass of wine, a cider, a gin and tonic, whiskey, brandy now and then but not too often and it’s mostly on the weekends.
I like to enjoy my food and always sit at the table to eat any meal.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:05 PM

Breakfast, usually cereal, between 8-9. Later, if the dog needs taking out RIGHT NOW!!!

Light lunch, between 1-2. Sometimes I will do a big cooked one for that time.

Evening meal, I aim for between 6.30-7. If a heavier meal lunchtime, then sometimes bread and jam for evening, or cheese and biscuits.

I will shortly do some cheese on toast, having just taken dog out again, and will do the main meal this evening.

Evening meal is usually on my lap watching telly. Lunch depends, could be up at the table in other room, or on sofa in front room.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I usually don’t eat before 12h00 - a cup of coffee is about it in the mornings.
I eat lunch between 12h00 and 13h00 - usually a salad or a sandwich (health bread) filled with a lean protein and salad.
Dinner is at 18h00 which is usually a pasta, curry, soup or grilled meat and veggies.
I drink up to 2 litres of water per day. It’s got great health benefits and good for your skin.
I enjoy a glass of wine, a cider, a gin and tonic, whiskey, brandy now and then but not too often and it’s mostly on the weekends.
I like to enjoy my food and always sit at the table to eat any meal.
All in the same glass?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I rarely eat breakfast.
So what do you usually do with it?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Breakfast, usually cereal, between 8-9. Later, if the dog needs taking out RIGHT NOW!!!

Light lunch, between 1-2. Sometimes I will do a big cooked one for that time.

Evening meal, I aim for between 6.30-7. If a heavier meal lunchtime, then sometimes bread and jam for evening, or cheese and biscuits.

I will shortly do some cheese on toast, having just taken dog out again, and will do the main meal this evening.

Evening meal is usually on my lap watching telly. Lunch depends, could be up at the table in other room, or on sofa in front room.
I hear you. My dogs are the bossiest employers form whom I've ever worked, making demands as soon as the first photon slips over the horizon.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
So what do you usually do with it?
I leave the ingredients in storage not looking much like a breakfast. It would probably look more like food in a cupboard or fridge rather than a breakfast ..but all the ingredients are there of course. That's the alternative procedure I have to eating it and mostly what I do. Not sure why I would want to do this but if I were to actually prepare a breakfast but not eat it, the wildlife in the garden might get lucky.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:25 PM

I leave the ingredients in storage and not looking much like a breakfast. It would probably look more like food in a cupboard or fridge rather than a breakfast ..but all the ingredients are there of course. That's the alternative procedure I have to eating it and mostly what I do. Not sure why I would want to do this but if I were to actually prepare a breakfast but not eat it, the wildlife in the garden might get lucky.
Okay, mart, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go to in order to not eat breakfast.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

13-02-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Okay, mart, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go to in order to not eat breakfast.
I have the time.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

13-02-2021, 04:44 PM

i have the time.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top