Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 10:39 PM

Re: What in your opinion has the Brexit vote improved?

That's exactly the type of hatred and petty spite that was behind many a Brexit vote.

Nasty old people who are jealous of the young and trying to destroy their future because they're too old to be part of it and they can't bear the thought the young will outlive them.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well today I predicted that we won't leave until 2022. I certainly hope we don't leave next year as we are trying to plan a holiday in Portugal!

What's stopping you? Isn't Portugal still part of Europe?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
In five years time the U.K. will be begging to rejoin the EU. Enough of the older generation who voted Brexit will have died of by then and the young will be able to reclaim their own future and undo the harm done to them.
Not if we make a success of the situation. As long as the `yoof` can still get their iPhones and iPads they'll be content.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:02 PM

That's exactly the type of hatred and petty spite that was behind many a Brexit vote.

Nasty old people who are jealous of the young and trying to destroy their future because they're too old to be part of it and they can't bear the thought the young will outlive them.
Gawd ... that has to be your most pathetic offering yet. You know there was a time when some of your posts at least did try to present a cohesive argument why you are against Brexit.

No wonder youngsters think oldies are addled. And you voted to Remain!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:14 PM

There seems to only be one "nasty old person" on this thread.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There seems to only be one "nasty old person" on this thread.
Indeed.

For clarification, and as I have said before, I voted for Brexit for the long-term future of this country - and I'm sure that must include our young people.

At the same time, I did so in the knowledge that things might be hard for us older people, at least at the beginning, so never let it be said that I was being selfish at the expense of young snowflakes.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 06:59 AM

Well today I predicted that we won't leave until 2022. I certainly hope we don't leave next year as we are trying to plan a holiday in Portugal!
People did go on holiday to Europe before the EU you know.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Not only Europe, but we went on holiday outside of Europe and we managed to do it without EU controls and regulations.

Europe was a far more interesting place pre-EU.. Every country had a culture and an identity that was unique.

That is disappearing at an exponential rate.

Another unfortunate consequence of EU membership.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yeah well I don't want to pay more for heathcare (no E111), phone roaming and any new entry charges or have to wait in longer queues in the funny passports section. We didn't have mobile phones before the EU. I had to sort out skype and a wifi connection to phone home from Israel because it was extortionate per minute and we spent about three hours queuing to get in.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:25 AM

Yeah well I don't want to pay more for heathcare (no E111), phone roaming and any new entry charges or have to wait in longer queues in the funny passports section. We didn't have mobile phones before the EU. I had to sort out skype and a wifi connection to phone home from Israel because it was extortionate per minute and we spent about three hours queuing to get in.
Try Whitley Bay, its quiet now the schools are back.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top