Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Re: What in your opinion has the Brexit vote improved?

I don't get the travel complications on health remainers here are on about....who in their right mind travels without health insurance even though we are at present in the EU?...that won't change.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't get the travel complications on health remainers here are on about....who in their right mind travels without health insurance even though we are at present in the EU?...that won't change.
I must have travelled to Portugal 100 times without health insurance. starting back in the 70s before they were in the EU. I like living dangerously. The PT A&E is pretty much like here in Brit., but they're not so hot when it comes to the longterm problems. I'm off to PT next week, and I'll be taking my blood-pressure, polycythemia and thyroid meds. And I'll be back 3 weeks later in one piece
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:58 AM

Gosh I wouldn't dare travel like that DOod...Will you still risk it when we leave the EU?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Gosh I wouldn't dare travel like that DOod...Will you still risk it when we leave the EU?
Well it seems like the EHIC card will remain, so yes, I guess so. Should I feel I'm too old or not well enough to travel, then I won't.

I have no idea what health insurance costs or covers, but I may look into it one day. If it doesn't cover for existing conditions then there's no point in it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

06-09-2018, 10:15 AM

I havent had any health issues so the cost for mine is quite low it does cover for accidents as well ...hubby has had issues so his is twice the cost of mine ....

I have pals whose health insurance because of previous health problems costs as much as the holiday. I know cruise companies these days won't allow you to book a cruise without insurance....that won't change whether or not we are in the EU
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yeah well I don't want to pay more for heathcare (no E111), phone roaming and any new entry charges or have to wait in longer queues in the funny passports section. We didn't have mobile phones before the EU. I had to sort out skype and a wifi connection to phone home from Israel because it was extortionate per minute and we spent about three hours queuing to get in.
What's wrong with putting in a SIM used in the country you're visiting?

Also, you do know you can buy phone cards or visit local post offices where they have landlines so that you can `phone home`? This is what we used to have to do before the age of convenience - no hardship whatsoever and quite reasonably priced.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

06-09-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Cameron had no right to call a referendum ...

a) At a time when no one had considered the implications.

b) During a UK austerity programme.

c) To deliver on his reckless election pledge.
Originally Posted by TessA ->
Absolutely, no plan and all done to give the Tories absolute power with no one to answer to.
It's almost as if causing chaos was intended.
I think May was chosen simply to take the blame.

As for knowing who to trust as friends I now realise that not sharing the same political views doesn't really matter and we would miss out on the things we do share.
I'm glad someone agrees with me.

I voted Remain, not for any love of the EU, but because I thought the Leave option quite wrong at this time. It was a case of shoot first ask questions later. The politicos ought to know better than to put joe public in such a position.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm glad someone agrees with me.

I voted Remain, not for any love of the EU, but because I thought the Leave option quite wrong at this time. It was a simple case of shoot first ask questions later.

The politicos ought to know better than to put joe public in such a position.
Ah but they're so out of touch with Real People aka Joe Public, they're clueless!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What's wrong with putting in a SIM used in the country you're visiting?

Also, you do know you can buy phone cards or visit local post offices where they have landlines so that you can `phone home`? This is what we used to have to do before the age of convenience - no hardship whatsoever and quite reasonably priced.
I certainly don't want to waste holiday time pfaffing about to try to buy sim cards or looking for a post office phone when in the middle of nowhere. We aren't living in nineteen canteen. The roaming arrangement in the EU is now brilliant.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 02:46 PM

I havent had any health issues so the cost for mine is quite low it does cover for accidents as well ...hubby has had issues so his is twice the cost of mine ....

I have pals whose health insurance because of previous health problems costs as much as the holiday. I know cruise companies these days won't allow you to book a cruise without insurance....that won't change whether or not we are in the EU
Travel insurance costs are likely to rise for those with pre existing conditions.

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top