Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:28 PM

Micro cooking

How many cook with the micro ?

I got this one 9 years ago, it's a Panasonic combined, micro, grill and fan assisted oven.

It's rated an "E", inverter turbo-bake, the conventional oven's great as the food revolves on the turntable.
There's a stand for using the grill, you remove the turntable and place the stand inside.
It has "chaos" defrost for food from the freezer, this differs from conventional defrosters because it reduces the power from the magnetron, other micros use "pulse" bursts at full power to defrost.

It's not suitable for full enclosure in a kitchen cabinet coz being a conventional oven it can get very hot at the back due to venting the hot air.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Re: Micro cooking

I avoid microwaves like the plague. I'm all for 'natural' stuff when it comes to diet
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 10:17 PM

Blimey Nero, you have got my microwave....Mine has not got the grill, but looks the same as yours...we have had it 5 years, and its only used for heating.....Have one in the utilityroom for the dogs food too....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Have got a bog-standard microwave-only use it sometimes for re-heating
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 10:33 PM

I've got the Panasonic microwave and browner with grill, it must be over 15 years old now and I hardly use it. The only thing I cook in it is jacket potatoes, it's primarily used to heating.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Have got a bog-standard microwave-only use it sometimes for re-heating
We use it for convenience merz, there's only the two of us and we find it quicker to cook than using the cooker.

It steams fish and veggies really quick, the fan oven has only been used once because it's no quicker than the conventional cooker, same with the grill, however it's a good standby if the main cooker packs in.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 02:48 AM

I'm like Azz. don't like them.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 10:29 AM

We have one that we use for heating things up, sometimes we cook jacket potatoes in it, I use it most for defrosting the dogs meat.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 10:43 AM

mine heats soup, cooks porridge, makes scrambled eggs & thats about it.
nero
Central Scotland

28-10-2009, 10:58 AM

MM and Cassie, that's what we use it for, remember to pierce jacket potatoes or they'll explode, and you can poach eggs in there too, porridge is great done this way, my wife needs her porridge fix every morning (she puts salt in it, yuk) I like sugar.

You can get egg-shaped plastic cups with vented lids for poaching eggs, just crack the shell and tip the raw egg in the cup and they're don in a jiffy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top