Join for free
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:48 PM

Fried zucchini ?

Anyone have a foolproof recipe for this? Our favorite Italian restaurant (alas, closed) used to serve this as an appetizer. Strips of zucchini about the size of your index finger, battered and deep fried. They wouldn't give out the recipe and I've never had any luck trying to duplicate it at home; batter always comes off mostly during the frying. I've tried patting the strips dry, using chilled batter, using tempura batter, no joy. Actually I haven't thought of it in years, but there's such a wealth of cooking expertise here thought I might give it another try.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:55 PM

Re: Fried zucchini ?

Lovely Greek starter!
I just slice the courgette/zuccini thinly (coin thick) (lengthwise if small, across if a bit bigger) dip them in milk, then flour, shake and shallow fry in olive oil for a a couple of minutes, turning once.
mmm, you'vemade my mouth water!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top