Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 06:54 PM

Prince Harry - National Disgrace?

Another picture in the press today of a dishevelled, bleary eyed Prince Harry, falling out of yet another nightclub in the early hours and being held up by his minder.

This man is an absolute disgrace to his family and to his uniform. He's supposed to be a prince of the realm and an officer in HM Forces, having millions of pounds worth of training lavished upon him. Does he not have any self respect or respect for the uniform?

He should be turfed out of the forces forthwith as one of the hundred trainees losing their job today under the spending review, and good riddance.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 08:42 PM

Re: Prince Harry - National Disgrace?

He is a normal red blooded male (with a silver spoon in his mouth) doing what all young men do.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 09:37 PM

God knows what the stag night going to be like, now Harry's confirmed as best man. Maybe he needs to get married. On the other hand, that thought might make him drink a hellava lot more!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 08:02 AM

Barry, what would you be like if you had the paperazzi following you around day and night?

I think he is very reserved, I would probably have thumped some of them before the end of the week.

Did you never get sozzled when in uniform?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 07:02 PM

Wow, looks like I'm out out of step and on my own with this one, but how we get here, when no-one seems to care that major male role models for our youth act like drunken slobs? Whatever happened to reserve and decorum, of gentlemanly conduct becoming of an officer, doesn't it matter any more? Here is a man who is supposed to be a leader of men, someone they should look up to and respect. Being one of the lads isn't good enough, he has to be better than that or he needs demoting to the ranks.
I dread to imagine what the Queen must think of the future of the monarchy, judging by the quality of her offspring it will be on the same level as Mickey Mouse in another generation. Thank goodness she won't be around to witness it.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 07:31 PM

He's still young yet. Personally I think the previous generation of Royals hadn't a clue how to let their hair down and enjoy themselves. Might have been better if they had. It doesn't mean he won't end up a responsable person.....does it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Wow, looks like I'm out out of step and on my own with this one, but how we get here, when no-one seems to care that major male role models for our youth act like drunken slobs

Hes only in his twenties and you expect him to be a role model for are youth.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

15-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by White Raven ->
He's still young yet. Personally I think the previous generation of Royals hadn't a clue how to let their hair down and enjoy themselves. Might have been better if they had. It doesn't mean he won't end up a responsable person.....does it.
Mmm., I really am out of step it seems, but I don't think I want to be in step if that's the concensus. How old do you have to be these days to be a grown up? At his age, like most of my contempories, I was a resposible adult, working six days a week, paying taxes, bringing up children and proud to be so.

And do I think that seeing the Queen and Prince Philip falling out of a nightclub half p****d at 3am would have made them better royals? I really don't think so. I'm amazed that you do.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

15-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Hes only in his twenties and you expect him to be a role model for are youth.
That's the problem with society these days, everyone is an apologist for bad behaviour. We are continually lowering the standards of acceptable behaviour. It may seem the easiest path, but it is certainly a short sighted policy and we are doing our children no favours in the long term.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 08:14 PM

There's a massive difference between falling out of a Nightclub and letting your hair down. I can see your not to be swayed from your own opinion so I'll say nomore.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top