Join for free
Page 177 of 190 « First < 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 10:19 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Some folks live 51 weeks of a year, for the expectation of one weeks holiday, that seems strange, especially if the united folks with the brochures end up in estrangement.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

08-07-2020, 12:30 AM

Foxy tuning into your thread for first time. Will navigate it more later. Looks interesting. I presume you will be watching the England/Windies Test series this month. Pure cricket again after what seems like an eternity.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Foxy tuning into your thread for first time. Will navigate it more later. Looks interesting. I presume you will be watching the England/Windies Test series this month. Pure cricket again after what seems like an eternity.
It may surprise you to know Swannie, that I'm not a big sport watching fan. If time (and Mrs Fox) allows I like to watch some golf, especially the masters, I always follow F1, but only on channel 4 which only shows the highlights now, and I don't care too much for this 'Black Lives Matter' crap. I wouldn't dream of paying to watch any sport on TV that used to be televised gratis at one time.

The 'Tour de France' is essential viewing for me as I consider it the toughest sporting fixture in the world. But then again, if it didn't come free over terrestrial TV I'd have to give it a swerve. I can watch snooker providing the players are interesting and skillful. I spent a lot of my youth at the business end of a snooker cue..

I'm afraid cricket and football don't really interest me, being an ultra distance runner I've never been a team player....Thanks for looking in to 'Bob's Bits' though I appreciate your comments and you are very welcome....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Some folks live 51 weeks of a year, for the expectation of one weeks holiday, that seems strange, especially if the united folks with the brochures end up in estrangement.
It makes you wonder if covid has been introduced to help the British tourist industry (among others) Spitty.....We all think differently about life now, and stranger motives have been enlisted to obtain certain outcomes in the past...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It makes you wonder if covid has been introduced to help the British tourist industry (among others) Spitty.....We all think differently about life now, and stranger motives have been enlisted to obtain certain outcomes in the past...
Foxy, sometimes things like crises pop up at a point where a conclusion is about to be arrived at, take 2007-2008, within the confines of this country, the economy was one horses whisker from catastrophic meltdown due largely to the credit boom, just as the shit is about to hit the fan, we have a Global Banking Crisis, which alters the domestic dynamic, we will never know what would have happened on the Pragmatic Path.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

09-07-2020, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It may surprise you to know Swannie, that I'm not a big sport watching fan. If time (and Mrs Fox) allows I like to watch some golf, especially the masters, I always follow F1, but only on channel 4 which only shows the highlights now, and I don't care too much for this 'Black Lives Matter' crap. I wouldn't dream of paying to watch any sport on TV that used to be televised gratis at one time.

The 'Tour de France' is essential viewing for me as I consider it the toughest sporting fixture in the world. But then again, if it didn't come free over terrestrial TV I'd have to give it a swerve. I can watch snooker providing the players are interesting and skillful. I spent a lot of my youth at the business end of a snooker cue..

I'm afraid cricket and football don't really interest me, being an ultra distance runner I've never been a team player....Thanks for looking in to 'Bob's Bits' though I appreciate your comments and you are very welcome....
https://www.over50sforum.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 09:36 PM

How are the morning runs going, Bob?

We haven't heard much about them lately
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-07-2020, 04:10 PM

Hi Mags.....

I'm just approaching a landmark date in my running career. On the 28th July 2020 It will be exactly 42 years since my first ever tenuous run....
Since then I have never had a layoff of more than 3 Months, even following two heart attacks.

I'm glad to report that running continues apace...
Seriously though; It's been hard going this year with times dropping off and recovery taking longer. Although having said that, I put in a years best time on my eight mile course last Sunday, where I 'ran out of my socks' so it's not all doom and gloom, but runners tend to be hard on themselves when old age creeps up on them. I suppose it's that dogged determination that had made us the runners we are..or were...

What with this Covid thing I haven't been able to embark on any adventures this year, and to be honest, I've quite got used to not going out and seem to have lost the drive to venture out into the world. I suppose it's the fact that I've been lucky so far and don't want to tempt fate by getting too complacent. I am a man of many hobbies, and I never get bored always finding something interesting to do, so it's been easy to stay at home.
We have booked Sunday lunch at one of our favourite restaurants, and will be accompanied by our good friends and neighbours. We have missed not going out together and will have a lot to talk about, although we spend plenty of time nagging over the garden wall..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 06:42 PM

It's good to hear the running continues Bob, I did wonder if you may have had an injury of some sort.

What an amazing landmark to reach next Tuesday .... enjoy it!

I can fully understand the getting used to the "not going out" syndrome, I feel the same now having got used to it all these months.

Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow Bob, you've earned it!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-07-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It's good to hear the running continues Bob, I did wonder if you may have had an injury of some sort.

What an amazing landmark to reach next Tuesday .... enjoy it!

I can fully understand the getting used to the "not going out" syndrome, I feel the same now having got used to it all these months.

Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow Bob, you've earned it!
Thanks Mags, I'm sat here in my best shirt and old faded shorts (don't want to crease my trousers before we go in an hour) Put in a decent 8 miler at first light this morning, and although it wasn't as fast as last week, I still enjoyed being out in the country with the sounds of nature all around me, and just plodded round.

Page 177 of 190 « First < 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top