Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Which browser are you using?

Since posting my last announcement about getting people to switch browsers it has come to light that some people just don't know - as they get their computer and just use what's on it

So, please click the following link and it will not only tell you what browser you are using, but will also show you details about what features your browser supports:

My browser info

It will also let me know how many people on Over50sforum use which browser too - which I can then take a look at and use to post more specific installation info for those who want to change to Chrome or another modern browser
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2011, 10:04 PM

Re: Which browser are you using?

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Since posting my last announcement about getting people to switch browsers it has come to light that some people just don't know - as they get their computer and just use what's on it

So, please click the following link and it will not only tell you what browser you are using, but will also show you details about what features your browser supports:

My browser info

It will also let me know how many people on Over50sforum use which browser too - which I can then take a look at and use to post more specific installation info for those who want to change to Chrome or another modern browser

I sense an ulterior motive here.

Do notice that on both your sites there is a very prominent Ad for Chrome.

It is considered by some that Chrome is the least secure browser.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2011, 10:13 PM

By the way.

I use it now and again, if you where pushing Firefox........

My previous post would not have been written
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2011, 10:21 PM

Ads are shown depending on what you're browsing or what you might have looked at - like all google ads. Plus don't you think it would be dumb for me to post a link rather than you click the 'ad'

Re some people thinking chrome being the least secure browser... are they affiliated with Microsoft?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 12:46 AM

I use Firefox on windows XP on my laptop and Chrome on my Linux machine through Ubuntu. Hope this info helps
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 01:40 PM

I installed IE9 not that long ago on this laptop but then found so many sites that I use did not run properly and I had to set them each time to IE 8 again!
I've now got Google Chrome and it seems good but there are a few niggles with it that I find annoying but I'm working around them now.
I tried Firefox on my ancient "steam" PC upstairs a while back - that's XP but it did not like Firefox and some secure sites would not run at all on it with my old PC so I gave up and went back to IE8 - it's still on that now because of the IE9 probs!! stevmk2
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

07-06-2011, 03:14 PM

Nice one guys

If you don't get on with Chrome, give Opera or Safari a go
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Sorry Azz but I dont like Google Chrome I prefer IE, but really I do like Yahoo. I have tried Firefox but cant get on with it. Annie33
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Dont know Safari so am going there now, will report. Annie33
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

08-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Couldnt get Safari at all seems because I have windows vista. I like the way Yahoo is set out butits a case of Grass being Greener as I am a Gemini.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top