Join for free
Page 18 of 28 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 10:10 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Originally Posted by fender ->
I said I was fed up with the UK Tess.........
Oh, sorry Fender, I misunderstood, I thought you voted to leave the EU and were then planning to leave the UK, which would have been churlish. I'm glad I was wrong.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
. . . and the appeasing runs to all the way to a desire to be governed by referenda instead of the traditional "bulldog" of parliamentary democracy, as the Brexit issue testifies.

Long live traditional parliamentary democracy! Down with "namby pamby" shandy-pants girly-girly foreign referenda!

Ha ha ha. I didn't know referenda were girly or foreign Old Fogey. Could it be your prejudice undies are slipping.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Oh, sorry Fender, I misunderstood, I thought you voted to leave the EU and were then planning to leave the UK, which would have been churlish. I'm glad I was wrong.
Tbh Tess, you were kind of correct. I did vote leave.
However, it was some time after that when I decided I'd had enough of the UK and was considering leaving.

I'm now unsure tbh...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 10:17 PM

You could stay and try to make it a better place
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 10:19 PM

You could stay and try to make it a better place
You never know.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 10:46 PM

I thought you didn't like the EU?
You want to leave a soon to be ex EU country to go to Europe.
I want to stay in the EU, yet you voted for me to leave it!
Yet again on another thread someone telling a remainer to leave the country!
Very odd!
I think it's important to differentiate between the EU and European countries.

The latter are what were once independent nations each of which still have (thankfully) interesting and attractive characteristics.

The former is a political organisation with the intention of taking full control of its so-called member states.

I like the one and detest the other.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:39 AM

Having lived in the SE Asia ; Austria ; Canada and now OZ, my recommendation for a care free life style would be either CA or OZ - well run multicultural countries easier adjustments of course if you have family or friends already residing there?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think it's important to differentiate between the EU and European countries.

The latter are what were once independent nations each of which still have (thankfully) interesting and attractive characteristics.

The former is a political organisation with the intention of taking full control of its so-called member states.

I like the one and detest the other.
Well said JBR! I have visited many countries in Europe & found them beautiful places to live, sadly the EU is turning them into a political ideal where, one day, they will become a mass of land that is dictated to by a few!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

05-03-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well said JBR! I have visited many countries in Europe & found them beautiful places to live, sadly the EU is turning them into a political ideal where, one day, they will become a mass of land that is dictated to by a few!
In that case it maked no sense to want to leave the UK to go and live there.
We will soon be out, you voted for it, the UK is also beautiful, most of it.
Move to a nice part and live your dream.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 09:41 AM

Aye but don't come to Yorkshire you would all hate it here....the moors and the dales and it rains every single day...honest...stay down south.

Page 18 of 28 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top