Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 03:35 PM

Re: Are our intellectuals revolting??

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So from your last paragraph Todgy NOTHING has changed?
Must have been a very clever chap that Blair, is he still alive?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Well entry requirements have certainly changed since Blair screwed things

Blair c!ever? I would chose other descriptions of him.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 03:45 PM

Anyone listen to Lord Patten on Radio 4's Today programme this morning? When asked about students from under-privileged backgrounds getting into Oxford, he said, more or less, that Oxford will never reduce its entry requirements, all applicants have to raise their game if they want to come here.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Anyone listen to Lord Patten on Radio 4's Today programme this morning? When asked about students from under-privileged backgrounds getting into Oxford, he said, more or less, that Oxford will never reduce its entry requirements, all applicants have to raise their game if they want to come here.
Does the roduct back up the rhetoric Percy??
Give me details?

Donkeyman! 🤔😇
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:55 PM

Anything Bliar believed in I disbelieve in TBH.
What a plonker
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 10:05 PM

We have to accept this unless we want a nation with a serious identity crisis.
Bit like a marriage, for better or for worse.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
We have to accept this unless we want a nation with a serious identity crisis.
Bit like a marriage, for better or for worse.
Havent we allready got one spitty? An nation with an identity crisis
I mean,not the marriage thingy!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 03:13 PM

DM

Everything is too-Multious nowadays, its probably better to be Malty than Multi.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 03:58 PM

T'weren't Phil Collins, Donks. It was Richard Wright, Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall.
Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Ooerr, so it were Percy!!
Donkeyman! 😟😟
My bad, I was wrong Donks. It was Roger Waters what wrote and sang the main lyric to "Another Brick, etc"
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

11-06-2020, 05:05 PM

My bad, I was wrong Donks. It was Roger Waters what wrote and sang the main lyric to "Another Brick, etc"
Oh l wold'nt know the frontman Percy?
But it were definitely Pink Floyd!!
And not related to St Black Floyd of recent fame?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 11:32 AM

In the years before Blair set up the rush, for more academics, by getting actors to go for "media Study", Qualifications, or dancers, similar, it was well known, to a lot of people, that the better decision makers would be ones who had spent their early adulthood in the real world.

Did taking nurses out of apprenticeships, and putting them in Uni to get degrees, improve their skills?

I doubt it.

In those before Blair days 20 year olds would grow their skills in the services, in apprenticeships, in Technical Colleges, and were far better for it - in my opinion.

Academics are useful, no doubt about that, but being a good student does no make you a good decision maker, or Business Manager.

Have a look at all of the Corvid "packages" which are falling apart as we try to get them implemented!
The Tories are in dire straits since they started relying so much on academics....!

The words "With the use of statistics oyu can prove anything you want" couldn't be more true!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top