Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 03:11 PM

Re: The Problem with the Civil Service.

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
How Many Civil Servants does it take to change a Light Bulb?

Answers before 1st July, 2098, please!

The usual answer to this question is – "None if the Light Bulb doesn't want to be changed".

Not unless it's being changed in somewhere like an NHS building when it would take a team of electricians, plus an 'Elf & Safety person too! That's why the cost of maintenance in the NHS is so excessive, so I've heard!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
How Many Civil Servants does it take to change a Light Bulb?

Answers before 1st July, 2098, please!

Brilliant!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 05:31 PM

I see that Treason May was spouting in parliament about the sacking of Mark Sedwell and the appointment of David Frost to security adviser, looking daggers, and scowling at Michael Gove. The implication being that Frost has no experience in the role when in fact he was in the Foreign Office in years gone by.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-adviser.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that Treason May was spouting in parliament about the sacking of Mark Sedwell and the appointment of David Frost to security adviser, looking daggers, and scowling at Michael Gove. The implication being that Frost has no experience in the role when in fact he was in the Foreign Office in years gone by.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-adviser.html
May has got a bit of a nerve, hasn't she?
She's been our most ineffective HS and PM that I ever remember, and here she is criticising others.

Two possibilities occur to me:

either she regards Sedwell as a friend who worked with her to keep us in the EU;

or she's jealous of the success of Boris, Frost and Gove compared to her failure.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
May has got a bit of a nerve, hasn't she?
She's been our most ineffective HS and PM that I ever remember, and here she is criticising others.

Two possibilities occur to me:

either she regards Sedwell as a friend who worked with her to keep us in the EU;

or she's jealous of the success of Boris, Frost and Gove compared to her failure.
I would say yes and yes.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top