Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 11:23 AM

The Media Must Take The Blame.

MONTHLY RANT!

I was just sitting here this morning watching Piers Morgan insulting Dominic Raab yet again, calling him a blatant liar without even knowing himself whether what DM said was true or not without having the evidence in front of him to make such a slur!
How is he allowed to get away with such a slanderous remark? Who is overseeing the standards of our Media?
because no-one from the Government is permitted to appear on his GMT morning show because Morgan will never allow Tory Brexit supporting politicians to answer his questions,constantly speaks over them,and barracks and bullies instead of interviewing them, it just reminded me of the last time I had steam coming out of my ears, although it seems a lifetime ago.

Can anyone on here remember that wonderful morning of 23rd June 2016, when most of us switched on our televisions and watched in disbelief as we were informed that the Leave vote had won!? I don’t know about you but when I woke up that morning, I was convinced we had put up a good fight but there were just too many remain supporters to beat. I spent at least an hour with my mouth open in disbelief watching every news channel as the bombshell news exploded!
I certainly recall the news channels kept showing the look on David Dimbleby’s face as he announced the result. Oh Joy! We were leaving the EU! It didn’t seem possible, no-one could believe it, Every person who supported Project Fear, which saw the EU,the London bubble crowd, the majority of MPs, practically the whole establishment, The CBI, big businesses, Barack Obama the London luvvies,even the foreigner in charge of the Bank of England! And especially to every Brexit supporter’s delight, THE MEDIA! Actually.beaten , It was something I will never forget, and after the vile vitriol we had been subjected to, oh, how I crowed that morning.
Talk about David and Goliath!

This brings me to the topic, God, I can talk for England once I get started!

What I believe is that most of the hostility aimed at Leave voters for 3 of the 4 years after the result, didn’t come out of hatred, I think it came from pure shock from losing. Hence the accusations that started flying around about we Leave voters being thick, racist, xenophobic liars. They badly wanted to blame someone, anyone for the loss of what they thought was a done deal. Who better to blame than their political opponents, Leave voters.

But to be honest, I think their anger should have been directed at the one establishment that led them astray - The Media! The media have done so since time immemorial. Especially when votes are needed in Referendums and Elections.

If you want a few examples, take a look at what has been happening at the moment, courtesy of Charlotte Gill, Tory MP.
Quote - Everyone wants to string up Dominic Raab because he refuses to bend the knee to BLM.
JKR to be cancelled, the UK ‘’has the worst death rate in the world for Covid-19’’, and that anyone who dares to sing ‘’Swing low sweet chariot’’ is a Bigot, when no ill-intent has ever been intended by singing it.
All of this is the fault of the Media, who take what is said by Left-Leaning zealots on Twitter as ‘the real world’ and then takes delight in blowing it all out of proportion. Unquote.

The BBC is just as bad, if not worse. All they care to cater to is the London Bubble.but the rest of us have to pay to listen to their yet again, left-leaning rants against anything and anybody that supports the Tories or Brexit. It’s as if nothing else exists outside of the capital. Can anyone remember the last time, apart from the run-up to the general election, when ‘Red Voters’ were ever interviewed? Ever asked for their opinions? No, neither can I. I have noticed, however, that when they actually rarely do interview anyone north of Watford, it’s always when they catch them outside of a supermarket! and then it’s a case of ..’’ Oh look, here’s a Brexit supporter, how rare!.’’

I think the best thing that could happen with regard to the UK media is to break up their cosy, slavish devotional bias to only the views of the South, and spread themselves and their offices over the length and breadth of the land. Bring them to their senses. Is it any wonder that they are responsible for Remainers believing there was no way they could lose the Referendum. They didn’t have a clue or even cared what the rest of the country believed in. Their definition of ‘’The Public Mood’’ and ‘’The Actual Public Mood’’ would have been obvious to them if they had asked instead of assumed. At least that way a varied, fair opinion would finally get through to them rather than the left-leaning, one-sided be all of the metropolia.

RANT OVER. Time for my fourth cuppa.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 12:03 PM

Re: The Media Must Take The Blame.

Not a rant. A very perceptive brain dump most of which I completely resonate with. Well done and a big YES.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 12:49 PM

Nice rant SG, and I wholeheartedly concur with your insightful assessment. 👍
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 12:58 PM

Good one Shroppy 100% agree.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 01:21 PM

The bottom line is that the Newspapers are in business.

To make money, from their business, they have to construct a headline, or phrase, to make us pick their newspaper up, and maybe, buy it.

So headlines are Smoke and Mirrors.

Stories are short term and have to be replaced by bigger & better "magnets" as time goes by.

As to why they are all London Centric, that is, again, financial as they have to get those cities, with the big populations, to buy & keep them earning.

Who would buy a paper where the front page was all about some minor event in Berkshire?.( unless it is another Royal screw up).

So, How do you change this? What will make the village dweller want to keep reading a paper?

I can't answer that - except by saying "If you don't like it don't keep buying it"

I think that BLM will be gone by the end of July.

What will replace it?

We'll see.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 06:43 PM

Great post Shroppy, I rate that Post of the Year!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 07:46 PM

I wouldn't watch Piers Morgan if you paid me.

We all know the beeb is a bit lefty, but they deliver the news in the mornings in a pretty civilised manner.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I wouldn't watch Piers Morgan if you paid me.

We all know the beeb is a bit lefty, but they deliver the news in the mornings in a pretty civilised manner.
He's absolute scum (better shove an allegedly in there ) who berates and shouts down anyone (especially the right-leaning) who doesn't agree with him. Then, when Conservative MPs refuse to go on his show knowing that they can't be heard, he rages and fumes even more.

I think he's a total arsehole (I'm allowed to say I think instead of `is`).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 09:11 PM

I second what Mags said Shropshiregirl; Post of the year so far......
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 08:52 AM

Great post Shrops !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top