Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 05:20 PM

Re: YLM Britain ready to welcome Hong Kong refugees

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Many of them will probaby be the doctors
And those will be granted exit visas? Yer right.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well, well. It seems I am the only one who thinks the UK is full up.
Don't think you are alone in that LD as in post # 4 I too commented about lack of housing and jobs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Don't think you are alone in that LD as in post # 4 I too commented about lack of housing and jobs.
Thanks Baz.

I do get that the Chinese (as people - not as a Country) are fairly quiet and law abiding compared to other types but I still worry that despite all our current problems we can still open the door to anyone.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 06:00 PM

Thanks Baz.

I do get that the Chinese (as people - not as a Country) are fairly quiet and law abiding compared to other types but I still worry that despite all our current problems we can still open the door to anyone.
Yes, I agree. It's time we adopted a policy such as Australia and America have and other countries too I believe. Everyone has their record checked and any criminal offences then they are not allowed entry. Try to get into other countries if you have a record, I understand it's extremely difficult if not impossible, which is how it should be I reckon.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 06:21 PM

No .. you're not.
Our population is about 66 million .... how in hell do we absorb nearly 3 million in one go? It's a 5% population growth .

Remember not so many years back when Ms Merkel kindly invited all the Middle Eastern refugees to come to Europe and we saw all those pictures of this heaving swarm of locust-like humans trampling across Hungarian fields?

One million came and were spread around the EU .... I shudder to imagine the convoy of planes needed to fly 3 million over here. Though it might well help our ailing aviation industry who I imagine are submitting tenders as we speak.

What about homes?
Health care?
Schools?

The required land area to sustain such numbers could be equal to 3 Birminghams .... 6 Liverpools or 6 Manchesters...
They might be wealthy, they might be bright but inviting rich relatives to come stay can have a habit of backfiring on the less well off inhabitants ...
and we're an island, a relatively small island ..
and I think we're full.

3 million ...gawd, it doesn't bear thinking about.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 06:25 PM

This story is from the New York Times which prints more fake news (lies) than any other.

Even worse than CNN

Don't worry
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Many of them will probaby be the doctors
Any chance some of them will be barbers!?? One could desperately do with a trim!!
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 07:01 PM

I don't suppose that they will all want to come. There was a debate on exactly this issue in 1997 before the handover.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 07:26 PM

I suppose they're quite small though.
Baz46

01-07-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No .. you're not.
Our population is about 66 million .... how in hell do we absorb nearly 3 million in one go? It's a 5% population growth.

– Snip –
The accurate 'live' population of the UK is 67,887,500, even more than I first thought! No room for any more, the infrastructure cannot support the present population of the UK. That has increased by around four million in the last ten years!

https://www.worldometers.info/world-...uk-population/

Time to put that sign up I reckon – 'UK now full, try elsewhere'!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top