Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 10:33 AM

Re: A weed

I think it might be a Great willowherb.

https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildl...eat-willowherb
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Great photo Mart, lovely weed too. Makes gardening so much easier if the weeds are pretty doesn't it?
Pesta! behave.....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->

I'd say you've nailed it there caricature. I can't call it a weed anymore. It's now a wildflower.

I like wildflowers and bought a packet of wildflower seeds a couple of years ago (it didn't include Great Willowherb). Some of them grew again this year.

'Wild' goes with the rest of the garden. It always surprises me when people say how nice the garden looks. It doesn't get much attention other than cutting things back and mowing what passes for a lawn.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'd say you've nailed it there caricature. I can't call it a weed anymore. It's now a wildflower.

I like wildflowers and bought a packet of wildflower seeds a couple of years ago (it didn't include Great Willowherb). Some of them grew again this year.

'Wild' goes with the rest of the garden. It always surprises me when people say how nice the garden looks. It doesn't get much attention other than cutting things back and mowing what passes for a lawn.
'Wild' They are the best kind of garden Mart, mother nature is the best gardener, but she has difficulty with the mower......I suppose it's just cos she's a woman!....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
'Wild' They are the best kind of garden Mart, mother nature is the best gardener, but she has difficulty with the mower......I suppose it's just cos she's a woman!....

Ah true ..Mother Nature tries to leave it to Father Thyme but he's probably better with herbs than he is with a lawn mower.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->

I agree - Epllobium hirsutum- Great Willowherb

Purplish pink flowers, white 4 lobed stigma, lower stem hairy,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-07-2020, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Ah true ..Mother Nature tries to leave it to Father Thyme but he's probably better with herbs than he is with a lawn mower.
Nice one Mart.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:37 AM

Mart Thank you for posting this I have some in my garden one must be eight feet tall .
I too Think they are so pretty I have left them

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top