Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:21 PM

Re: Bucket list

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Just know that you’re relentlessly hounded on the streets of Istanbul to buy the wares on display and don’t follow men into alleys saying their shop is just inside either unless you have someone to protect you
Umm, ok...maybe I shall stick to a small ride in the UK then....!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sorry to be a misery but absolutely no bucket list for me! I don’t believe in them.

If l haven’t done things by now, then l’m not going to grieve over something l haven’t done.
I agree Artangel! I have had a good life & enjoyed doing many things so I am content.
If a genie arrived and gave me one wish, the only thing I would want is to outlive my cats so I know none of them would suffer when I was not here to care for them.

I often wonder if people who do have bucket lists have regrets when they are dying, because they haven't completed the list.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 07:28 AM

Apart from dreams that will never come true..Such as surfing Waimea Bay in Hawaii, Jamming with the Stones and opening my own "Mediterrasian" food restaurant. Before i die i would like to do a few things some for the first time , some again.

I lived in San Francisco for a year. It was a "sister city" house swap with a couple in the Noe Valley. I had a ball there as they did living in our house here. I would love to live there one more time....briefly

Id love to see Africa..MINX!...

See the Wallabies win the World Cup at Stadium Australia

Watch an Ashes test at Lords.

Get a really good blues band together again with some old blues hacks.

Get maried to Annie again and have my son Peter as my best man.

I love the life ive had so i will be happy if i just get to the end of it not in pain with those i love with me.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Apart from dreams that will never come true..Such as surfing Waimea Bay in Hawaii, Jamming with the Stones and opening my own "Mediterrasian" food restaurant. Before i die i would like to do a few things some for the first time , some again.

I lived in San Francisco for a year. It was a "sister city" house swap with a couple in the Noe Valley. I had a ball there as they did living in our house here. I would love to live there one more time....briefly

Id love to see Africa..MINX!...

See the Wallabies win the World Cup at Stadium Australia

Watch an Ashes test at Lords.

Get a really good blues band together again with some old blues hacks.

Get maried to Annie again and have my son Peter as my best man.

I love the life ive had so i will be happy if i just get to the end of it not in pain with those i love with me.
You’re welcome in Africa anytime

The All Blacks are probably going to win into perpetuity

Why don’t you plan a renewal of your vows
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Artangel! I have had a good life & enjoyed doing many things so I am content.
If a genie arrived and gave me one wish, the only thing I would want is to outlive my cats so I know none of them would suffer when I was not here to care for them.

I often wonder if people who do have bucket lists have regrets when they are dying, because they haven't completed the list.
Nice Twick - I think a person will always have a level of regret
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:00 AM

There's only one thing I really want to do so it's not really a Bucket List. I want to visit the Isle of St Kilda way out in the Atlantic ocean, it's roughly a 6 hour trip to get there in a small boat. You can only go at certain times when permission is granted. But the history of the people and it's way of life has always fascinated me. Mum told me she remembered when the last of the islanders were taken off the island to live in Glasgow (I think) I can't begin to imagine how they managed.
Coming from one of the Hebridian Islands myself and spending a lot of my childhood on Mull I'm always interested in the other islands.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Just remembered something to go on mine -

Climb Scafell Pike - have done all the rest in the Lake District - just missed that one!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ok, I shall stick with Turkey then....not a problem, so long as its from on high!
How about York Pixie?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Balloon Prof..jpg
Views:	237
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	16357  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 11:33 AM

Ticked off 36 full marathons, including London and Snowdon, 63 half marathons, and an endless list of fell runs over 40 miles in the wild places.......

Still to do......The Comrades Marathon.....

Might have left this one too long....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Comrades Marathon.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	16358  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:30 PM

Right from when I was eleven and first saw a picture of the Pão de Açúcar (Sugarloaf Mountain) in Brasil I wanted to see it in the flesh. Eventually I did in 1995. I was not disappointed and the view from the top is gobsmacking! That's all.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top