Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:39 PM

Receiving unwanted messages on Mobile Daily

So is there something that can stop these..this is the phone number a I reported it on this site so far. I have never open any of the links being sent to our mobile. We don't use it hardly at all...

Caller identification
⚠️ According to our users’ reports, there is a high probability that the telephone number 07939231737 that contacted you is a text message scam!

Why do we care? Falling victim to a scam can have a huge emotional impact as well as a severe financial one. It is vitally important that older people are aware of the type of phone scams, and know what to do to protect themselves. Reporting scams, those that are successful and attempts, is hugely helpful in trying to catch the fraudsters and helping others avoid them in the first place.

warning
Report this number

p.s. I have just been deleting them,as I guess anybody that has the link ..maybe cause..well I honestly not sure..but at worst could be a virus! or just vulgaraity
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:52 PM

Re: Receiving unwanted messages on Mobile Daily

Has your mobile phone not got a block number feature?
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:58 PM

Di, might be worth looking at this site

https://www.pkdownloader.com/how-to-...ndroid-iphone/

Runs through procedures to block calls and txts
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Has your mobile phone not got a block number feature?
I tried blocking them on my phone, but they are sneaky and use another number

Dianne, its worth a shot though
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I tried blocking them on my phone, but they are sneaky and use another number

Dianne, its worth a shot though
They do indeed. Probably got around 10 numbers blocked on my phone.

It;s a pity that network providers don't seem to have a service that, if enough people block a number, would automatically do so to prevent others from having their time wasted.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:08 PM

it seems to be a scam as they keep changing a couple of the numbers, don't click on anything
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:09 PM

yes with all the technology that's about these days you'd think phone companies could do something to keep their customers safe
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:33 PM

I'm always blocking numbers. Like you said they get sneaky and use another one, so that gets blocked as well. If I'm not sure I check the number out on the "who called me" website then it gets blocked if it's a pest number. I have blocked so many over the past few years.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:35 PM

Thanks for all advise...cant open your Link at the moment Chillie6, because the pc running v e r y s l o w;
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Thanks for all advise...cant open your Link at the moment Chillie6, because the pc running v e r y s l o w;
C Cleaner time maybe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top