Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 03:44 PM

Re: NHS Pay Rise

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The rate of pay in the NHS is actually very high as it is.
Agreed. I've posted links to NHS England nurses pay scales at least twice before.

Before anyone else says NHS England nurses should get the same rise as NHS Scotland nurses, please remember that income tax in Scotland is higher than it is in the rest of the UK so, that extra 1% would be eaten up in extra taxes and the Scots NHS nurses wouldn't see that much of the extra payment.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The rate of pay in the NHS is actually very high as it is.
On average probably yes ?
Discount the admin then NO!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 04:10 PM

That's rubbish Donks.

Once again, for everyone's benefit, here are the NHS England nurses' pay scales (2020/21):

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Agreed. I've posted links to NHS England nurses pay scales at least twice before.

Before anyone else says NHS England nurses should get the same rise as NHS Scotland nurses, please remember that income tax in Scotland is higher than it is in the rest of the UK so, that extra 1% would be eaten up in extra taxes and the Scots NHS nurses wouldn't see that much of the extra payment.
Thank you
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:22 PM

If the invisible Local Practice Doctors are getting a pay rise I shall have to go round and congratulate them on being paid more for doing less (=Nothing).

Hide away, for a year, and you get a big pay rise.

Should be paid by performance level!

Edited to say that I can't go round and congratulate them - they're still barricaded in!

Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:41 PM

GP’s to get 3%? and they don’t even have to see patients.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The reason they're not being given a greater pay increase is to keep the cost of selling off the NHS down! The cheaper the various NHS packages are; the greater the potential private commission to be pocketed by whichever politician is in line for a share of the takings!
That old chestnut again? I've heard this claim at every general election since 1974 - the usual mantra of the Labour Party when, in truth, investment in the NHS has always been greater when the Conservative have been in power.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
GP’s to get 3%? and they don’t even have to see patients.
Exactly. Getting paid to sit on their arses doing nothing.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Exactly. Getting paid to sit on their arses doing nothing.
The vast Majority of GPs are not NHS workers.

They are private contractors, not subject to pay restraint.

Track and Trace?

Well Dido Harding privatised that, £2300 a day for private Consultants who did sod all.

She refused point blank to pay for trained staff to work 12 hour shifts for £400 a day

Defend the logic of that Bread and Co..
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If the invisible Local Practice Doctors are getting a pay rise I shall have to go round and congratulate them on being paid more for doing less (=Nothing).

Hide away, for a year, and you get a big pay rise.

Should be paid by performance level!

Edited to say that I can't go round and congratulate them - they're still barricaded in!

My good lady had to go private for a blood test..£90..found out she has diabetes, GP rang yesterday and has given her a physical appointment for next month.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top