Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Re: Memory!

Know exactly what you mean angieh and moli-I have them too. My memory is good except when I have 'senior moments'
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Know exactly what you mean angieh and moli-I have them too. My memory is good except when I have 'senior moments'
Ah! Senior moments too frequent for my liking
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 10:22 PM

I'd say generally good except for the dreaded senior moments. I hate going to a room and then forgetting why?
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 10:58 PM

I used to have a fantastic memory, I could remember things that happened when I was 2 years old! I also didn't need a phone book, I remembered everyone's phone number....But these days I have awful memory loss
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 11:17 AM

Memory is a peculiar thing. According to the psychiatrist we went to see with MIL, there's short, medium and long term memory. So whilst our long term memory - what we did when children or teenagers may remain good, medium and especially short term memory can be unstable. MIL cannot remember things that happen five minutes ago and so those things to her didn't happen. Her time in the Army during the war though are still there and so that's were she lives sometimes.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 03:45 PM

Mine cannot be as good as I thought!I am skipping between here and Catsey, and cannot remember what I posted where half the time!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2009, 11:25 PM

I have to make out a list when shopping now or I would come home missing half what I went out for!
Moli
Aberdeenshire

20-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have to make out a list when shopping now or I would come home missing half what I went out for!
I make a shopping list, then forget to take it with me!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
I make a shopping list, then forget to take it with me!!
Me too - more often than I care to admit However, the fact of actually writing the list appears to help the memory and I usually recall most, if not all, of what i wanted.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Me too - more often than I care to admit However, the fact of actually writing the list appears to help the memory and I usually recall most, if not all, of what i wanted.
In school we were taught that memorizing or remembering something was helped by:
1. Saying it
2. Repeating it
3. Writing it

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top