Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 05:06 PM

Re: Foundation Make-Up

I have two tinted moisturisers, they just add that tiny touch of colour...I always tend to use the No 7... you only need a very tiny amount, Zuleika.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	AEB96623-AAF0-41E7-A655-D3BFE6B355A9.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	14926  
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have two tinted moisturisers, they just add that tiny touch of colour...I always tend to use the No 7... you only need a very tiny amount, Zuleika.
Pauline Thanks ! I just Googled both . Which shade in the No 7 . I have very fair skin my hair’s Silver .
Any reason you use that one instead ot Clinique?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 08:46 PM

i can’t see the shade on either, Zuleika....they had testers,.i think it may have been a number, neither of which I can find on these tubes, I’ve had them about 3 yrs...

You will need to test the shade on your own skin before you buy.😀

Number 7...looks more natural I think.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 11:15 PM

This is a bit long, but it gives an idea of how long we ought to keep cosmetics for once they have been opened.

Lipstick
Hold onto it for 18–24 months, or until the smell and/or odor changes. "I’m not as concerned about bacteria as I am about the oils going rancid," Wilson adds. Rancidity is expedited by heat, so don't leave your lipstick locked in the car on a hot day (or steamy bathroom, for that matter).

Blush/eyeshadow/pressed powders

These can last up to 12–18 months. Clean your brushes often to avoid contamination and make them last even longer. For the most part, pressed powders won't ever really turn bad because there's no oil or water in them.

Lip gloss

Glosses will last for at least 12 months, closer to 18 if it's an oil-based product and you store it properly. But the nature of the product—pulling the wand out of the tube, letting in oxygen, and then dipping it back in with your saliva on it—ups the chances of it turning. Arnett's insider tip: apply gloss to the back of your (clean!) hand first, and then dab onto the lips to extend its glossy life.

Mascara

Since it's wet, mascara's more prone to bacteria growth, Arnett explains. And since it's your eyes, you should be concerned about keeping it fresh and clean. Many people will keep a tube for six months—most brands out there call that out as the magic number. But some formulas will flake and clump before that; others, if you take good care of them, will last a lot longer.

"I keep mascaras for up to a year but I don’t use the same mascara every day and it’s stored in a dry place," Wilson explains. "If you’re not careful about storage then I would toss in 6-9 months." But always err on the side of caution to protect your peepers.

Eyeliner

Pencils, as long as you sharpen them often, shaving away the oxidized and potentially bacteria-laced tip, can last as long as it takes to use them up. So this is where to stock up. "Since you are so close to the eye, you just don’t want to take a chance with bacteria," Wilson warns.

Foundation/concealer/tinted moisturizers

These products are often made with plant oils, so if you're careful to avoid contamination and store them away from heat, they'll last longer than water-based products. Again, a smell and color check will let you know when these have turned—your nose will know if the oil is rancid. As long as you wash your hands first, and use clean brushes or sponges, these should last around 12–18 months.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-03-2021, 09:44 AM

i can’t see the shade on either, Zuleika....they had testers,.i think it may have been a number, neither of which I can find on these tubes, I’ve had them about 3 yrs...

You will need to test the shade on your own skin before you buy.😀

Number 7...looks more natural I think.

I always moisturise, before I apply the tinted moisturiser, Zuleika, even though it’s a tinted moisturiser...
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 09:33 PM

I always moisturise, before I apply the tinted moisturiser, Zuleika, even though it’s a tinted moisturiser...
That made me smile Pauline . Not taking any chances?
Have you a fav moisturiser?

I always throw make up etc. out after it’s expiry date ,as Mups has shown in her post ,stuff does go off .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This is a bit long, but it gives an idea of how long we ought to keep cosmetics for once they have been opened.

Lipstick
Hold onto it for 18–24 months, or until the smell and/or odor changes. "I’m not as concerned about bacteria as I am about the oils going rancid," Wilson adds. Rancidity is expedited by heat, so don't leave your lipstick locked in the car on a hot day (or steamy bathroom, for that matter).

Blush/eyeshadow/pressed powders

These can last up to 12–18 months. Clean your brushes often to avoid contamination and make them last even longer. For the most part, pressed powders won't ever really turn bad because there's no oil or water in them.

Lip gloss

Glosses will last for at least 12 months, closer to 18 if it's an oil-based product and you store it properly. But the nature of the product—pulling the wand out of the tube, letting in oxygen, and then dipping it back in with your saliva on it—ups the chances of it turning. Arnett's insider tip: apply gloss to the back of your (clean!) hand first, and then dab onto the lips to extend its glossy life.

Mascara

Since it's wet, mascara's more prone to bacteria growth, Arnett explains. And since it's your eyes, you should be concerned about keeping it fresh and clean. Many people will keep a tube for six months—most brands out there call that out as the magic number. But some formulas will flake and clump before that; others, if you take good care of them, will last a lot longer.

"I keep mascaras for up to a year but I don’t use the same mascara every day and it’s stored in a dry place," Wilson explains. "If you’re not careful about storage then I would toss in 6-9 months." But always err on the side of caution to protect your peepers.

Eyeliner

Pencils, as long as you sharpen them often, shaving away the oxidized and potentially bacteria-laced tip, can last as long as it takes to use them up. So this is where to stock up. "Since you are so close to the eye, you just don’t want to take a chance with bacteria," Wilson warns.

Foundation/concealer/tinted moisturizers

These products are often made with plant oils, so if you're careful to avoid contamination and store them away from heat, they'll last longer than water-based products. Again, a smell and color check will let you know when these have turned—your nose will know if the oil is rancid. As long as you wash your hands first, and use clean brushes or sponges, these should last around 12–18 months.
Mups, that's great information! I didn't know that. I found this website too, if it helps anyone:
http://checkcosmetic.net/
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-03-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
That made me smile Pauline . Not taking any chances?
Have you a fav moisturiser?

I always throw make up etc. out after it’s expiry date ,as Mups has shown in her post ,stuff does go off .
There’s no expiry date on number 7..,personally,I don’t take notice of what is said about it going off..I’ve been using tinted moisturiser for years..same as mascara,I don’t use it now, but when I did, it lasted me for a couple of years...I don’t believe all that I read.

I’m the judge of what I use and how long I use it for.

No fav moisturiser...but not a cheap one either.
Zuleika
North West UK

09-03-2021, 12:35 AM

I use Vichy serum then their Rich Cream on top .
So I expect I”ll put the City Light on top of the serum and try that , leaving the Rich Cream for nighttime .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Moving on from the last post in here November 2019 things have changed ?
Half of our face covered when we go out ?
Have we changed our routine ?
I no longer put foundation on so I’m looking at an ever growing paler skin on my face .How about you ?
I’d like to try a tinted moisturiser if only to make me look less pale in the mirror never mind outdoors .
Which to choose ?
Recommendations please .
I don't bother with foundation at the moment but I do use translucent powder (bourjois) and some maybelline lippy.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top