Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 09:37 AM

Sorting Out and Selling Stuff

Hi

As some of you may be aware, my son and I have made a start on the Storage Container.

i am somewhat out of date on prices.

Some of my antiques have seriously fallen in value.

Guy is far more up to date than me with his collectables, some of which he has made huge profits on, in particular his Cinema Memorabilia.

What has surprised us both is that some things we thought were of no value have become collectable.

Books and DVDs for example, a limited edition of Battlestar Galxtxtatica went for £45 .

Tiny little plastic stuff from Warhammer and obscure Japanese games are fetching a mint.

I had not properly sorted through my Dads stuff, that was still in boxes, he had kept the boxes from our toys, neatly folded.

The toys are long gone, but the boxes are mint.

Apparently toys are worth far more in their original boxes.

Put them online and a dealer was round the next day.

Offered £80 for them, told him I had others coming, he then gave us £300 for them.

Moral of this story, check things before you take them to the Charity Shop.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 09:54 AM

Re: Sorting Out and Selling Stuff

I take stuff to the charity shop especially clothes but I saw a report on TV saying a lot of clothing donations go to landfill in third world countries so donating might be counter productive.

I have put antiques into a local auction house Swims they take a cut but it's good fun going to the sale and watching the bidding
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 12:14 PM

Re: Sorting Out and Selling Stuff

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

As some of you may be aware, my son and I have made a start on the Storage Container.

i am somewhat out of date on prices.

Some of my antiques have seriously fallen in value.

Guy is far more up to date than me with his collectables, some of which he has made huge profits on, in particular his Cinema Memorabilia.

What has surprised us both is that some things we thought were of no value have become collectable.

Books and DVDs for example, a limited edition of Battlestar Galxtxtatica went for £45 .

Tiny little plastic stuff from Warhammer and obscure Japanese games are fetching a mint.

I had not properly sorted through my Dads stuff, that was still in boxes, he had kept the boxes from our toys, neatly folded.

The toys are long gone, but the boxes are mint.

Apparently toys are worth far more in their original boxes.

Put them online and a dealer was round the next day.

Offered £80 for them, told him I had others coming, he then gave us £300 for them.

Moral of this story, check things before you take them to the Charity Shop.
As we sell too, I & my Daughter always check values. Lego holds it's value beautifully.

But some people have no need of the money & are happy for the charity to get the benefits. We have done that too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top