Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 02:18 PM

Pilot forgets to attach man to craft

Just browsing through youtube and came across this. I happened back in 2018.

How this man survived this I have no idea. Hair raising is an understatment. Oh my goodness, I can't begin to imagine how frightened I would be in this predicament.

How forgiving of this man, I think I'd be furious with the pilot for not ensuring my safety. Mind you, I don't suppose the pilot will ever forget that trip!

Watch the video, it had me on the edge of my seat!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ach-craft.html
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 02:34 PM

Re: Pilot forgets to attach man to craft

That must have been so frightening for the man - how he had the strength to keep hold, goodness knows!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 02:36 PM

Now who wouldn't crap themselves going through something like that?

It's a good job that that bar was strong enough to take his weight.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:07 PM

Most people's absolute nighmare! doesn't bear thinking about.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:27 PM

That must have felt like two hours rather than two minutes. This guy has to be credited for his resolve because hanging on to a bar is hard enough, let alone while flying. I suspect many people would have given up and let go.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 05:39 PM

Three years ago (If I remember correctly) a lady was being interviewed on the TV. During the war she was a member of the ground crew that were employed to sit on the tail of aircraft as they taxied across the airfield. This lady was sat on the tail of a Spitfire fighter and it took off with her clinging onto the tail. The pilot felt there was something wrong with the way the plane handled and landed.Although she was shaken suffered a bruise or two no serious harm was done. I think her name was Florence Lettuce.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top