Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 07:15 AM

Good Morning Monday.

Hi

Good Morning All.

It is hammering down again on already saturated ground.

Although I am a long way above the river, the sewerage system cannot cope, the sewer covers have blown off and the roads are flooded.

There is no way I will be getting out today.

Most of the town access roads are already closed and the flood barriers on the main river are forecast to overtop this evening.

We are in new territory here, the ditches, culverts and small streams are flooding at new highs, parts of the town which have never flooded before are impassible.

This will be an interesting day.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 07:43 AM

Re: Good Morning Monday.

I woke up about 05 - 15 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm just sitting around with a couple of cups of coffee

It's snowing; not very heavy, but snow nevertheless, though it doesn't look like it's going to stick
Nothing special planned, but I need to pick up a prescription and do a bit of shopping, so later I'll get wrapped up and have a walk to the local shops

Oh dear Swimfeeders. I saw a flood warning for Shropshire on the morning news, and now we have your reports
I hope you will be OK
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 08:02 AM

Good morning all, have a good day wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 08:46 AM

Good morning all, if it is with this weather, absolutely tipping down again here and water still coming in from our kitchen roof, in spite of our temporary repairs after Ciara removed the felt. Our new roof is booked in for this Wednesday but the weather will need to be drier than this for it to happen

Nothing to do at the moment until the rain stops, the dogs have been out in the garden but that is the only place they are going till then...

Try to enjoy your day everyone and take care out there
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 08:59 AM

Good Morning all,

We have snow!

Will have to head into town at some point - bus rather than walking though.

Stay safe and warm everyone.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 09:23 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

Yet again t’s been raining all night!. According to the forecast this will be persistent for a time but clear through the afternoon. Does this rain never end? Maximum temperature 12ºC.

This awful weather does not allow me to do anything outside. Of all things the house gutters are full to overflowing and need clearing, but even that cannot be done! I guess it will be another indoors day of 'climbing the walls'!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 09:27 AM

Good morning all wet and windy here.

We may or may not be going into town this morning, depends what the weather is like in an hour or so’s time.

I really do feel for those of you affected by this atrocious weather, we have the rain and the gales but fortunately no damage or flooding where we are.

Stay safe everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 09:40 AM

Good morning everyone torrential rain again.

Chloe has started getting as far as the outside door then running back in again when she sees the weather outside.

Back to school for the children, the shops should be quieter so I may pop out for vegetables.

Enjoy your day
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 11:57 AM

I feel for all of you who are still in amber warning areas of flooding & the effects of the storms.
Here it is torrential rain & very windy, but I don't think much flooding in this area. Though the river could be high, not been to look.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 12:09 PM

Took me a long time to get to work this morning, it was snowing and what normally takes me 15 minutes at the most to get to work took me over half an hour this morning. Thought there had been an accident or temporary traffic lights but the holdup was neither of those, must just have been because of the snow.

It's rained now so it's all turned to slushy mush.

Learning a new job in the office today first thing, done some training but I think it's going to take a while to sink it, it's quite complex and I don't take things in like I used to. One of the perils of getting older I suppose.

By this time tomorrow I've probably forgot what I was taught this morning!

Anyway have a good day all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top