Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:22 AM

Re: The cheek of some people

My story isn’t about selling or buying, but of a service. I went for an interview locally and was promised cash in hand for a day’s work, or thereabouts, as a trial. I worked hard and well, on the computer. Pointed out one or two errors.

At the end, I was told someone else would be getting the job, and he tried to screw me out of the agreed payment. Bar steward!!! I remember driving home, feeling foolish.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 09:30 PM

Re: The cheek of some people

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
My story isn’t about selling or buying, but of a service. I went for an interview locally and was promised cash in hand for a day’s work, or thereabouts, as a trial. I worked hard and well, on the computer. Pointed out one or two errors.

At the end, I was told someone else would be getting the job, and he tried to screw me out of the agreed payment. Bar steward!!! I remember driving home, feeling foolish.
I am laughing so hard, Jazzi! I was reading your post and got to the Bar steward part.....computer? I thought you were applying for a pub job....
Love the british slang when swearing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top