Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:00 PM

A Slippery Subject

In our shower caddy, I counted 10 bottles of things and 2 jars of cream which my wife and daughter seem to require as part of their washing routine. I have to precariously balance my small bottle of head and shoulders in a tiny gap which they begrudgingly have left for me, with this singular product being more than adequate to wash my hair and the rest of my body.

Why do women require so many soaps and creams. when the whole point is that the water rinses it all off anyway?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:33 PM

Re: A Slippery Subject

Just one of life's little mysteries Dex, I'm the same a bottle of shower gel does everything and just hangs on a hook....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:34 PM

I only use two items, shower gel and hair shampoo, the rest of my stuff like, body and face creams, comb, razor etc. are in the bedroom on my dresser.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:41 PM

Here's another thing. Last week we decided to have a bit of a clothes clear out, ready for when the charity shops reopen. It involved throwing out approx 80% of my clothes, thus providing extra space in the wardrobe for my wife to hang her "overflow" stuff which had been hanging on a hook on the spare bedroom door. She threw out 1 singular blouse.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:56 PM

Everyone has their own preferences of shampoos, conditioners and creams. I think the idea with conditioners is that some stays there after the rinse.

It's not so bad in our shower room now that people don't stay. The shower caddy has 4 bottles of liquid in it. I have to admit that one of the extra bottles is mine. A conditioner for unruly dry fly-away hair (it doesn't work that well).

One item I'm pleased with is a shower caddy that stays on the wall by suction pads. It's the first one of this type we've had that doesn't come unstuck and crash to the floor in the middle of the night.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 04:05 PM

What is a mystery is how men manage to use shower gel effectively without a bath lily or sponge. Seems to be a splash it all over and rub it in technique
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

30-11-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What is a mystery is how men manage to use shower gel effectively without a bath lily or sponge. Seems to be a splash it all over and rub it in technique
This is perfectly sufficient!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
This is perfectly sufficient!!
☺ the bath lily makes efficient use of shower gel creating a luxuriant foam. For some reason men feel it's not a manly item. Can't think why...

What about a back brush?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 04:29 PM

Have to admit I use a sponge Annie....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 04:51 PM

☺ the bath lily makes efficient use of shower gel creating a luxuriant foam. For some reason men feel it's not a manly item. Can't think why...

What about a back brush?
Wet the water, then put the shampoo liberally, then wash the water out. How difficult can that be?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top