Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:45 PM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

It was pretty dire wasn't it, I wonder who they're hoping to attract ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I didn't bother "tuning in" - the reviews are not good .....

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...y-deadly-stuff

GB News review – Andrew Neil’s alternative BBC? Utterly deadly stuff

The ‘anti-woke’ news channel had Andrew Neil and Alan Sugar, but no Piers Morgan – and the opening night felt like the furthest thing from appointment TV imaginable. I give it a year.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I didn't bother "tuning in" - the reviews are not good .....

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...y-deadly-stuff
I would be extremely surprised if that bastion of the left the Spiteful Guardian gave a right of centre new media outlet a good review .

I didn't watch it but there are bound to be teething problems.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would be extremely surprised if that bastion of the left the Spiteful Guardian gave a right of centre new media outlet a good review .

I didn't watch it but there are bound to be teething problems.
There are other reviews but many are from their subscription outlet:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1865175.html

The whole channel is founded on a false prospectus – GB News was a disaster from start to finish
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...ia-block-born/

GB News is born with much bawling and red faces.
Neil Oliver is, of course, Scottish and a presenter.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/g...n-b940381.html

‘We’re proud to be British’ Andrew Neil launches GB News with some technical difficulties
The general consensus of opinion seems to be mixed but all seem to agree that some (if not much) improvement is needed .....

Given the current political climate, "a right of centre new media outlet" should do well ..... time (and, perhaps, forum members) will tell .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I agree, the opening show with Andrew Neil introducing everything and everyone was so dire I only lasted 15mins before turning over. The audio and video streams were out of synch for one thing, and the sound was awful in any case (sounded like Andrew was sitting in a tin box to me).

Watched a bit more this morning and things hadn't improved much. Amateurish presenters especially the girl.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 04:06 PM

To quote the Labour Party mantra from days of yore...

"Things, can only get better."
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 04:15 PM

A controversial discussion last night with Former UK Supreme Court Justice Lord Sumption.

Told GB News presenter Dan Wootton he thought lockdown easing on June 21 should continue as planned.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:07 PM

I couldn't reply to the GB News section because it was in the Pro Brexit section....And I'm not allowed.....

So I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the programme so far. As other members have stated, the voices were out of syc, and the sound level is ridiculously low. I also found that the reporting at lunchtime was so amateurish with no continuity. And while we are at it, too many adverts.....Unless they pull up their socks I won't be looking in much longer..I hate to say it, but you forget how good the BBC is....If they weren't so biased.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I couldn't reply to the GB News section because it was in the Pro Brexit section....And I'm not allowed.....

So I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the programme so far. As other members have stated, the voices were out of syc, and the sound level is ridiculously low. I also found that the reporting at lunchtime was so amateurish with no continuity. And while we are at it, too many adverts.....Unless they pull up their socks I won't be looking in much longer..I hate to say it, but you forget how good the BBC is....If they weren't so biased.
That doesn't sound like a good start Foxy. I can only imagine that is done on the cheap.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:45 PM

When there is bias, there has to be a consortium, who wants to be in consortium, too much politics, for any ones liking.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top