Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 01:17 AM

Ancestors ?

Recently I watched a documentary on Netflix titled 'The Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb'. In that documentary the Muslim, Egyptian archeologists made reference to their ancient Egyptian ancestors.

The true ancestors of the ancient Egyptians are NOT of Arab descent, but rather the Coptics. Prior to the Arab Muslim invasion of Egypt (639 A.D.) the overwhelming percentage of Egyptians were Christian Coptics. When the Roman emperor Constantine, converted to Christianity, he lifted the persecution of Christians. And, lands under his control became mostly Christian.

In Egypt, a branch of Christianity known as the Coptics flourished. That ended when the Arab Muslims invaded Egypt. Thus, the ancestors of todays Egyptian Muslims are NOT descendants of ancient Egypt.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 04:23 PM

Re: Ancestors ?

Errm.. didn't you study ancient Egypt when at school BM. Waaay before the Coptic's were the Pharaohs and they were around from c3150 BC until 30BC when the Romans went marching in. So the ancient ancestors were under Pharaoh rule and they were the intermediary between the deities and the people.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Errm.. didn't you study ancient Egypt when at school BM. Waaay before the Coptic's were the Pharaohs and they were around from c3150 BC until 30BC when the Romans went marching in. So the ancient ancestors were under Pharaoh rule and they were the intermediary between the deities and the people.
Of course Pharaohs and their people were there before the Romans arrived. Why would you think I didn't know that???
After all of the threads I have started about ancient Egypt.. of course I knew that. After studying about ancient Egypt for most of my life, AND spending time touring Egypt.. of course I know that.

Moreover , and lastly, I have started several threads about Wilbur Smiths book, "RIVER GOD", a book entirely about ancient Egypt and the Pharaoh named Mamose.

I was merely explaining that the Coptic's are the true ancestors of the ancient Egyptians and NOT the Muslims .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 12:24 AM

We're there any other outlandish claims made by the archaeologists in that documentary?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I was merely explaining that the Coptic's are the true ancestors of the ancient Egyptians and NOT the Muslims .
Are you confusing race and religion? There are still up to 20 million Copts in modern Eygyt which is 20% of the population.
bakerman
Mexico

22-06-2021, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Are you confusing race and religion? There are still up to 20 million Copts in modern Eygyt which is 20% of the population.
All I am pointing out is a DNA BLOOD LINE. The Copts were there in Egypt long before the Muslims invaded and conquered Egypt in 639 AD. Thus, the Copts are the TRUE ANCESTORS of pharaonic Egypt.

No way to prove this, of course, BUT if we could test the DNA of Copts and compare that of Egyptian Muslims, and then compare both to the DNA of mummies, I believe you would find that the Copts are the only true descendants of the Pharaohs.

The Muslims are "late comers" (if you can call 1400 years of control, a "late comer")
bakerman
Mexico

22-06-2021, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
We're there any other outlandish claims made by the archaeologists in that documentary?
No, that that I could discern. It just aggravates me to hear Muslims taking credit for the pharaonic civilization. During the period stretching from the Old Kingdom up to the last Pharaoh , the ancestors of todays Muslims (in Egypt), were desert dwellers living in animal skin tents and riding camels AND living in the Persian/ Arabian area. They were most certainly NOT building great monuments, OR creating magnificent art.
In point of fact, Muslims do not create any art work of any kind that depicts human or animal figures. They view this as a serious sacrilege.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 04:27 AM

The Muslims are "late comers" (if you can call 1400 years of control, a "late comer")
I get you, sort of like the Christians in North America and Australia were latecomers?

No, that that I could discern. It just aggravates me to hear Muslims taking credit for the pharaonic civilization. During the period stretching from the Old Kingdom up to the last Pharaoh , the ancestors of todays Muslims (in Egypt), were desert dwellers living in animal skin tents and riding camels AND living in the Persian/ Arabian area. They were most certainly NOT building great monuments, OR creating magnificent art.
In point of fact, Muslims do not create any art work of any kind that depicts human or animal figures. They view this as a serious sacrilege.
Perhaps not but they were making the most important discoveries and advances in Mathematics - algebra, decimals etc. It would be foolish to underestimate their contribution to science.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 07:10 AM

Recently I watched a documentary on Netflix titled 'The Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb'. In that documentary the Muslim, Egyptian archeologists made reference to their ancient Egyptian ancestors.

The true ancestors of the ancient Egyptians are NOT of Arab descent, but rather the Coptics. Prior to the Arab Muslim invasion of Egypt (639 A.D.) the overwhelming percentage of Egyptians were Christian Coptics. When the Roman emperor Constantine, converted to Christianity, he lifted the persecution of Christians. And, lands under his control became mostly Christian.

In Egypt, a branch of Christianity known as the Coptics flourished. That ended when the Arab Muslims invaded Egypt. Thus, the ancestors of todays Egyptian Muslims are NOT descendants of ancient Egypt.
After the corn fiasco, Bakerman, you ceased to be my go-to source for accurate historical information.
bakerman
Mexico

22-06-2021, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I get you, sort of like the Christians in North America and Australia were latecomers?
======================================

Yes, indeed. If you saw a documentary on an archeological dig in North America and the archeologists were white Christians and they were digging up Mayan tombs, and then had they had audacity to claim that they were un-earthing the remains of their ancestors, I think you too would be outraged.

=========================================

Perhaps not but they were making the most important discoveries and advances in Mathematics - algebra, decimals etc. It would be foolish to underestimate their contribution to science.
Yes, that is true. However, I still say that they had no hand in the pharaonic culture.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top