Re: Gobsmacked

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
faggots?
Originally Posted by longdogs ->
deleted!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:00 AM

My Granddad worked in a Chinese scrabble factory, he said there were some very interesting characters....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:01 AM

Bear Grylls eats a lot worse than baby birds.....
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

21-07-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My Granddad worked in a Chinese scrabble factory, he said there were some very interesting characters....
Grooaaan! LOL! Actually, very clever!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I know exactly what you mean. It can feel very uncomfortable amongst a group speaking in an unfamiliar language.

In my early thirties, I remember starting a job as a finished artist in the art studio of a silk-screen printing factory near the City in Sydney. There were about 15 artists in the studio; all of them Asian (Filipino I think). They were all chattering and giggling in their own language.

But I have to say that some of them were quite friendly. One of the young lads even took my arm and took me to the canteen and made coffee. That made me feel better, but overall, I felt very uncomfortable.

At lunch time I packed my tools, went out for lunch, drove home and didn't go back. I didn't even let the manager know because I was actually quite angry at him for putting me in that situation without any warning.
I can understand that. Its hard enough starting a new job as it is, yet alone finding that there is probably very little chance of finding a few potential workmates with whom you'll ever have anything in common.

Don't blame you for walking away!!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top