Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:03 AM

Re: Moods anybody have them..late at night

I am kind of in shock ,the post lady has just hand delivered a letter..an air mail letter from My late Mothers Solicitors. No secret how My Sister and Myself had more than a tough time with her.
She changed her Will so many times that it was just a standard Joke towards the end of her life..She did some wicked things though even involving my late Dad.

Her famous words to me would be, you Sister is in for a shock when I and dead..I use to think , guess I am then, also.
The fortune went to our oldest Son whom we have no wish to have contact with..likewise him us
But three years on..Got a little something after all..Don't feel much though and certainly very okish so what kind of feelings.
I shall spend it though
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Thats sounds very normal though Trixie

I had not been married long, living in 77 Wellesley Road Croydon, an old house converted into Flats.
My Sister and her Husband were on the Top Floor and We were one below. The Ground floor was occupied by the owners for their meetings..The Odd Fellows.a little like Masonic Freemasons,they share the same goals, for the greater good.

My late father worked with one of the oddfellows, so knew about the flats before they were advertised. 5 Guineas each week which we had to pay with cash to their Lodge in person, got to see inside...

Wandered OT there a tad, but one day I was using my new Salter Scales they had a plastic bowl sitting on the weighing part...
the thing is , I cannot recall how a whole or was it a crack, appeared in the bowl
He heated up a hot poker like a soldering iron of today but not electrical, On our new Gas Cooker
He had a flat piece of plastic and heated the edges carefully...but

Now there was a big hole in it..I lost my temper and threw a whole bag of sugar at him...We had new Vinyl floor covering that we had purchased and that was a least better than the floor boards that were insitu when we took over the rental contract.

We had very little else in the flat except a lounge carpet and TV. Well of course we had a new Bed but that was all there was initially. He had been away one year (don't ask) and so had little chance to save any money.

Last time I ever throw a bag of Sugar though..omg the clearing up was terrible..hand brush and scuttle...wet cloths...nothing else I had to use.

We still laugh about it...It was over immediately, as we had sugar to clear up:blush

I have learnt a lot from my Husband as he is well he was a very cool calm and collective type. Right from the off I was the Banker, though ..
That's an interesting story, Dianne What a nightmare though having to clean all that up!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 04:21 PM

Thats sounds very normal though Trixie

I had not been married long, living in 77 Wellesley Road Croydon, an old house converted into Flats.
My Sister and her Husband were on the Top Floor and We were one below. The Ground floor was occupied by the owners for their meetings..The Odd Fellows.a little like Masonic Freemasons,they share the same goals, for the greater good.

My late father worked with one of the oddfellows, so knew about the flats before they were advertised. 5 Guineas each week which we had to pay with cash to their Lodge in person, got to see inside...

Wandered OT there a tad, but one day I was using my new Salter Scales they had a plastic bowl sitting on the weighing part...
the thing is , I cannot recall how a whole or was it a crack, appeared in the bowl
He heated up a hot poker like a soldering iron of today but not electrical, On our new Gas Cooker
He had a flat piece of plastic and heated the edges carefully...but

Now there was a big hole in it..I lost my temper and threw a whole bag of sugar at him...We had new Vinyl floor covering that we had purchased and that was a least better than the floor boards that were insitu when we took over the rental contract.

We had very little else in the flat except a lounge carpet and TV. Well of course we had a new Bed but that was all there was initially. He had been away one year (don't ask) and so had little chance to save any money.

Last time I ever throw a bag of Sugar though..omg the clearing up was terrible..hand brush and scuttle...wet cloths...nothing else I had to use.

We still laugh about it...It was over immediately, as we had sugar to clear up:blush

I have learnt a lot from my Husband as he is well he was a very cool calm and collective type. Right from the off I was the Banker, though ..
Forget the bed !

You both should have just made some sugar babies
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 04:22 PM

I am kind of in shock ,the post lady has just hand delivered a letter..an air mail letter from My late Mothers Solicitors. No secret how My Sister and Myself had more than a tough time with her.
She changed her Will so many times that it was just a standard Joke towards the end of her life..She did some wicked things though even involving my late Dad.

Her famous words to me would be, you Sister is in for a shock when I and dead..I use to think , guess I am then, also.
The fortune went to our oldest Son whom we have no wish to have contact with..likewise him us
But three years on..Got a little something after all..Don't feel much though and certainly very okish so what kind of feelings.
I shall spend it though
Enjoy spending your small windfall Di
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I get reflective and more somber after 11 PM. I have had some wonderful discussions with a few men in my adult years after the "confessing hour".
In this house a lot depends on how busy Mr Jameson has been!!

Can be quite mellow.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
In this house a lot depends on how busy Mr Jameson has been!!

Can be quite mellow.
Aw, Tabbs. I think I understand completely.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Aw, Tabbs. I think I understand completely.
I thought you might!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top