Join for free
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:36 PM

The Price of Progress

Liverpool loses its world heritage status:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/unesco-str...095115638.html

Guess that's the nature of the beast of progress.

Making places easier to get to and more amenable to live and visit sometimes paradoxically makes them less inviting.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:59 PM

Re: The Price of Progress

There are a lot of places that suffer the overbuild
.Croydon my birth town..
They have managed to turn some areas into, literally no go zones, new developments unfinished and that is including a new shopping centre with no shops..

Benidorm and such popular holiday destinations, they have not escaped the overbuilding. Fishing villages of beauty at one time....

Nothing much changes in Rural France though, small shops have gone over the years, large supermarkets saw to that.. it is not immune of course, no where is it seems..

Reason why we recently purchased a plot of land adjoining ours...anything could have been built on it....
Benidorm...

Croydon
[IMG]
[/IMG]
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:04 PM

Liverpool is, was, and always will be a dump.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:09 PM

I think that is very untrue. TAT....Dumps mean various things but not Liverpool related

p.s. of course,,,in my my my opinion...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
I think that is very untrue. TAT....Dumps mean various things but not Liverpool related

p.s. of course,,,in my my my opinion...
Liverpool is not "dump related". Liverpool IS a dump.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
There are a lot of places that suffer the overbuild
.Croydon my birth town..
They have managed to turn some areas into, literally no go zones, new developments unfinished and that is including a new shopping centre with no shops..

Benidorm and such popular holiday destinations, they have not escaped the overbuilding. Fishing villages of beauty at one time....

Nothing much changes in Rural France though, small shops have gone over the years, large supermarkets saw to that.. it is not immune of course, no where is it seems..

Reason why we recently purchased a plot of land adjoining ours...anything could have been built on it....
Benidorm...

Croydon
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Where was Kennards in your photo's Dianne ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 03:20 PM

We have to progress, or we will come to a standstill!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
We have to progress, or we will come to a standstill!
Have you been at those fortune cookies again Art?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top