Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:08 PM

I was pleasantly surprised...

... to find that everywhere I went this morning - Hobbycraft, Dunelms, Poundstretcher, Sainsbury and a local store similar to The Range - virtually everyone was wearing a mask, including all the staff.

It's good to know that most people are behaving sensibly, at least in the shops. I can't speak for pubs and clubs, where I'm quite sure it's going to be a very different story.

What's it like in your area today?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:19 PM

Re: I was pleasantly surprised...

My husband went to tesco and he said almost everyone had on a mask , sensible people .
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
my husband went to tesco and he said almost everyone had on a mask , sensible people .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:41 PM

I think masks are so ingrained in us now, that it might be a while before nobody bothers with one.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

19-07-2021, 02:49 PM

Just popped back from my local COOP,everyone had masks on.There was even a cleaner sanitising down the self service checkouts,plenty of hand gel by the entrance.I think most people where I live have accepted for the time being this will be the norm.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 03:34 PM

Our Tesco & most of the other supermarket here have said on social media they want people to carry on wearing masks & keeping the distance, they also said they would keep all the safe guards in place, screens etc & continue to have hand sanitizers available, they want everyone to comply who have been so far.
You can bet that some will not do it still though.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 03:40 PM

Same here most customers in ASDA still wearing masks
Also a local plant nursery. Customers and staff
Will still be wearing my mask as I have been doing pre freedom day.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

19-07-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think masks are so ingrained in us now, that it might be a while before nobody bothers with one.
I hope you're right Pixie (or do you answer to Trixie now? ). I just hope nobody stops wearing them until the graph starts to move in the opposite direction again.

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->
Just popped back from my local COOP,everyone had masks on.There was even a cleaner sanitising down the self service checkouts,plenty of hand gel by the entrance.I think most people where I live have accepted for the time being this will be the norm.
That's good to hear Roj.

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Our Tesco & most of the other supermarket here have said on social media they want people to carry on wearing masks & keeping the distance, they also said they would keep all the safe guards in place, screens etc & continue to have hand sanitizers available, they want everyone to comply who have been so far.
You can bet that some will not do it still though.
Yes I've come across that message on social media and local radio. I'm so pleased people are happy to go along with it.

Originally Posted by Chillie6 ->
Same here most customers in ASDA still wearing masks
Also a local plant nursery. Customers and staff
Will still be wearing my mask as I have been doing pre freedom day.
That's good news Chillie. I'm glad you're finding the same in your area too.

It seems that people generally are a whole lot more sensible than we give them credit for. Certainly a whole lot more sensible than Boris, who said all along that the easing of lockdown would be entirely driven by the data. Oh really BJ? Are you sure you didn't mean that it would be entirely driven by all the industry chiefs, the ones who are really running this country?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:06 PM

Sainsburys have kept the sanitiser but removed the divider screens between the tills. The till sneeze screens remain. I would say 99% of people in today were wearing masks, staff and customers.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
... to find that everywhere I went this morning - Hobbycraft, Dunelms, Poundstretcher, Sainsbury and a local store similar to The Range - virtually everyone was wearing a mask, including all the staff.

It's good to know that most people are behaving sensibly, at least in the shops. I can't speak for pubs and clubs, where I'm quite sure it's going to be a very different story.

What's it like in your area today?
It’s the same here but then again, you aren’t even allowed in stores without one. You won’t be allowed in without one.
I think most people here are being exceptionally reasonable about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top