Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 05:48 PM

That’s it for Shearings!

Ceased trading, and gone into administration. Such a shame for their regular passengers, and the staff.

I have used them many a time in the past, and had I not got Holly would have continued.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 05:58 PM

Re: That’s it for Shearings!

That is a real shame and so tough on the workers.
I know a lot of people who have used them in the past and I've never heard a bad word said about them.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 06:16 PM

I used to go on Wallace Arnold tours with my two aunts when I was little, shearings took them over years ago, shame for everyone who has lost their jobs, it won’t be the sam not seeing a shearings coach on the roads
AliceWonderland
United Kingdom
AliceWonderland is female  AliceWonderland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 07:38 PM

Thank you for the info, Jazzi. My friend've booked a holiday with Shearings I'll let her know.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by AliceWonderland ->
Thank you for the info, Jazzi. My friend've booked a holiday with Shearings I'll let her know.
She’ll no doubt hear later from them. I hope she gets a refund. I wonder what will happen to their hotels. The lovely one in Windermere, for a start.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:41 PM

They'd been around for years hadn't they?
I fear too one of many casualties to come.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:51 PM

That's terrible Jazzi, Mum and Dad used them regularly and I probably would have when I get too old to drive.....
I used to deliver wage slips to their depot in Leeds every week when I was a courier. I think they were Wallace Arnold/Shearings then.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 11:42 PM

I can't believe the news about Shearings. I've been on many a coach trip with them, and most coaches were almost full. Just wonder what's going to happen to the hotels they used. I know they owned some, but others were open to the general public. When all this madness is over, surely they will rise from the ashes?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:34 AM

How sad - I have happen memories of touring with them Not being a car owner they were an invaluable method of transport for me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 08:22 AM

So sad....have to admit i have never been on a Shearings holiday but some pals from Devon were coming to stay in August and we had booked to go to the Edinburgh Tattoo with them.

Shearing rang to tell us a while ago the Tattoo was cancelled so we just left the money with them and booked for next year instead....not sure if we will get the money back now.

So sad for all the folks who have lost their jobs...perhaps another company will take over ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top