Join for free
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 06:55 PM

Day trippers to our sea side town on Wednesday

So I'm waiting to see if we get inundated tomorrow with those wanting to travel further to excercise. Will we fill up and our roads become blocked like high season. The only problem is all the places are closed and all public toilets locked up (ridiculous)
Goodness knows what folk will do .

I'll let you know
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 08:57 PM

Re: Day trippers to our sea side town on Wednesday

Yes do that Susan because I’ve been wondering what those driving distances are going to do about the neccesarys .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 10:12 AM

So update on day trippers . People have been very good the town has visitors but not the huge influx and those who are here are being respectful of space . There was a concern for an anti lockdown gathering on the beach which was plastered over Facebook a worry for police, but they were warned not to come so they went to Hyde Park instead .

The public car parks and toilets are open which is a relief ! All in all things are still quiet . Of course it will be wonderful when everyone arrives and fills our beaches when it's safe
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 12:08 PM

We drove fifteen minutes to the sea side and walked for about an hour. No toilets open so we had to make a hasty retreat.

Everyone was being sensible and keeping their distance but I got the feeling they were mainly locals.

Those photographs they show in the newspaper of 'hundreds' of people in the park are misleading. Add the right lens and it will look as though everyone is close. It's a bit like the coverage of the London Marathon where the one at the back looks like he is directly behind the leader.

Am I rambling again?....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We drove fifteen minutes to the sea side and walked for about an hour. No toilets open so we had to make a hasty retreat.

Everyone was being sensible and keeping their distance but I got the feeling they were mainly locals.

Those photographs they show in the newspaper of 'hundreds' of people in the park are misleading. Add the right lens and it will look as though everyone is close. It's a bit like the coverage of the London Marathon where the one at the back looks like he is directly behind the leader.

Am I rambling again?....
Not rambling, LD, just conversing.

Some conversing was going on, near here, yesterday, when a question was asked "do those owning & living at the seaside have the right to tell people not to come?"

One argument was that we are all equal owners, not just the local Poll Tax payers, and we all have equal rights (and pay for) use of the Roads.

Some argued that we all spoil it, though, and we should be more thoughtful?

Then others ask "why do you advertise the benefits, then?".

Weird, what people will get het up about, in the current circumstances!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Not rambling, LD, just conversing.

Some conversing was going on, near here, yesterday, when a question was asked "do those owning & living at the seaside have the right to tell people not to come?"

One argument was that we are all equal owners, not just the local Poll Tax payers, and we all have equal rights (and pay for) use of the Roads.

Some argued that we all spoil it, though, and we should be more thoughtful?

Then others ask "why do you advertise the benefits, then?".

Weird, what people will get het up about, in the current circumstances!
Yes it is weird that seaside places are normally encouraging people to come, bringing their money with them of course but now they don't want them.

really, the whole situation comes down to common sense but that's not something we can rely on.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top