Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 07:15 AM

Cleaning Patio Slabs

Has anyone bought a rotary surface patio cleaner as an accessory for their pressure washer?

Is it worth it - expensive and time wise?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 07:50 AM

Re: Cleaning Patio Slabs

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Has anyone bought a rotary surface patio cleaner as an accessory for their pressure washer?

Is it worth it - expensive and time wise?
My Ryobi washer came with one, it does no better than the nozzle by itself. Don't spend money on one.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 08:38 AM

I think a rotary brush might be OK for getting the dirt out of the cracks but probably no better than the nozzle (as said). The results never seem that good. I notice people spending ages and using a lot of water cleaning just a small area.

A product called 'Patio Magic' works well. The results aren't instant. It works over weeks, even months but once it has done its job, it keeps patios and block paving clean for a year or more. A treatment once every 18 months keeps our patio and block paving clear.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 09:38 AM

Thanks for that - I've just saved myself £££!!

Patio Magic says it clears algae - my patio is just plain dirty.....does it clean that too?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 09:51 AM

you will get better results with a spinning lance if you have a Karcher pressure washer, or any other for that matter

below is the Karcher one. The end does not actually move but inside the end is a ball bearing that interrupts the jet causing the water to go in small circles. That get the best results we have found so far on our Karcher K2 model

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 09:58 AM

Thanks for that - I've just saved myself £££!!

Patio Magic says it clears algae - my patio is just plain dirty.....does it clean that too?
I'd say it does. Below is a photo of our patio I just took. These slabs were black in places some years ago, as was the concrete path leading up the garden. I haven't used Patio Magic this year and may not bother until next year now. The patio is swept occasionally but that's all.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 10:19 AM

i suppose it all depends what what the patio slabs are made of. Mine are ordinary concrete ones that hold dirt like mad, cheap and not cheerful but they do the job. That is what was here when we came.
Mart has the posh ones .
Lindyloo
isle of wight

08-09-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
i suppose it all depends what what the patio slabs are made of. Mine are ordinary concrete ones that hold dirt like mad, cheap and not cheerful but they do the job. That is what was here when we came.
Mart has the posh ones .
Mine are old concrete slabs too but the cost of a Karcher Pressure Washer and accessories = cost of patio cleaning man inc equipment!

Mart - your patio looks great - I'll be buying some patio magic very soon!

Thanks again.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

08-09-2019, 10:36 AM

Mine are old concrete slabs too but the cost of a Karcher Pressure Washer and accessories = cost of patio cleaning man inc equipment!

Mart - your patio looks great - I'll be buying some patio magic very soon!

Thanks again.
you can use the equipment time after time at no cost you. You can't do that if hiring someone, it will cost every time. False economy if you ask me
Lindyloo
isle of wight

08-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
you can use the equipment time after time at no cost you. You can't do that if hiring someone, it will cost every time.
I appreciate that but for the number of years I intend to stay in my current home, the cost = more than man + equipment!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top