Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 09:22 PM

table top tripod

I have for some time been looking to get a tabletop tripod and head. One thing is most have a very low payload weight which stopped me.
However I have come across one that fits the bill. " payload (80KG)"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moman-Trip....ct_top?ie=UTF8

also the head takes a payload more than most . ( 10kg of gear and 200mm lens )

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moman-Came....9143411&sr=8-1

Should get it in the next few days. Did some research on youtube about it first. doing a rough height measurement is about 8 inches at the highest setting. then ball head on top

I would think it would be very suitable for anyone with a small lightbox to photograph small objects
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 11:49 PM

Re: table top tripod

The links do not work
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 01:16 AM

Never mind will post again later
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:37 AM

For such a simple device why not make one? Any hardware store will sell a suitable 1/4" bolt or threaded rod and nuts. It could be made plenty sturdy enough for any weight of camera and designed specific to your needs.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-10-2019, 06:00 PM

Just got the above and is better than expected

tabletop tripod with fluid head camera Nikon 810 and Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 lens. the lens stays and not droops down slowly

now with the ball head

lens now Tamron 90mm macro

actual height with tripod legs fully open to take shot as above

i have to say that last closeup was so much easier using this new gear as posted above

Bruce I don't think your nut and bolt idea is really what I am looking for
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 06:53 PM

That looks impressive. I have a number of older Nikon and Cannon DSLR's and have been looking for a decent table top camera stand. Looking at your pictures i think i have just found the stand i am looking for.

Weight distribution has always been my problem with camera + lens and small tripod, they tend to topple over but looking at your pictures, i looks to be good.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-10-2019, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
That looks impressive. I have a number of older Nikon and Cannon DSLR's and have been looking for a decent table top camera stand. Looking at your pictures i think i have just found the stand i am looking for.

Weight distribution has always been my problem with camera + lens and small tripod, they tend to topple over but looking at your pictures, i looks to be good.
not far from me if you want to see them first

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top