Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 08:08 PM

The party's over

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/is-the-party-o...-party-system/

A life time of useless politics, will continue whilst the majority of voters choose Conservatives or Labour.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 08:24 PM

Re: The party's over

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://ukandeu.ac.uk/is-the-party-o...-party-system/

A life time of useless politics, will continue whilst the majority of voters choose Conservatives or Labour.
I'm inclined to agree. MPs are usually whipped into taking the party line regardless of their own views or that of their constituents who voted them into office.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 08:48 PM

There are 2 general persuasions. Wealth of a few creating employment for all, versus employment for all creating wealth for all.

The concept of two party politics is based on this.

Take your pick as to which seems most viable and/or most desirable.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I'm inclined to agree. MPs are usually whipped into taking the party line regardless of their own views or that of their constituents who voted them into office.
I have a Labour MP.

He has stated he is a remainer he has voted to back the Brexit lot.

WHY

He said 70% of the people in his constituency vote leave and I will back them.

Rainham Barking
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I have a Labour MP.

He has stated he is a remainer he has voted to back the Brexit lot.

WHY

He said 70% of the people in his constituency vote leave and I will back them.

Rainham Barking
Bonkers. That's like saying I'm a hardline vegan but will cook you all a steak if it means you'll give me a job.

The word "mercenary" springs to mind. One's own scruples are up for grabs at the right price.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 10:45 PM

well I never...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:13 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...British-public

#$@&%*!

Now we know, can't be fake news
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:33 PM

Its not good, an overload of opinions.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

The fake democratic system has been running for years and years. It won't change substantially but they will doubtless find a way to present it in a different way to dupe the masses.

The establishment own and control all the main parties. They are presented to give us the illusion of choice when in fact there is none.

The only way to change anything is to invent your own genuine party and get people to vote for you but that's impossible when the establishment own and control the media channels.

Using those channels they can sway the nation, disparage any given party, host stooged TV debates and generally make people vote for their own parties.

The system is rigged

It's why we find ourselves in the EU in the first place.

No matter whether you voted Tory or Labour in the last 40 years you were voting for the EU. Each party has simply furthered the EU agenda whilst in power.

Politics needs to change very dramatically but the establishment own and control everything so we are stuffed.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 01:13 AM

Perhaps they should have a media blackout in the run up to an election. People would have to make up their minds based on a manifesto.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top