Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 04:22 PM

Re: ITV Election Debate

I thought the show after this debate was better, Farage was superb.

Out of Corbyn and Boris, it just seemed to be a lot of "word salad" although I did think Boris came across much better. Corbyn's refusal to answer his position on the biggest question since WW2 was very uncomfortable watching.

On the other had, Dawn Butler on LBC this morning was classic. Another Diane Abbott moment brought to us during a general election.

Nice one Dawn

Here it is again, believe me, its worth it

https://order-order.com/2019/11/20/d...iew-car-crash/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I take that delightful man was deeply opposed to the NHS as well. There are self-serving vermin in every era.
There was no NHS in 1931.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I thought the show after this debate was better, Farage was superb.
Exactly what I said to Marge after the programme. Despite all the unfounded lefty criticisms of Farage, he is a far better speaker than any of the other politicians on that evening, including Compo and Boris.
Following every question put to him, without hesitation he was able to answer clearly, concisely and convincingly no doubt much to the chagrin of the interviewer!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
On the other had, Dawn Butler on LBC this morning was classic. Another Diane Abbott moment brought to us during a general election.

Nice one Dawn

Here it is again, believe me, its worth it

https://order-order.com/2019/11/20/d...iew-car-crash/
Yes, that was brilliant! Every bit as good as Abbott, although to be fair Butler is a good deal better looking.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly what I said to Marge after the programme. Despite all the unfounded lefty criticisms of Farage, he is a far better speaker than any of the other politicians on that evening, including Compo and Boris.
Following every question put to him, without hesitation he was able to answer clearly, concisely and convincingly no doubt much to the chagrin of the interviewer!

Yes, that was brilliant! Every bit as good as Abbott, although to be fair Butler is a good deal better looking.

Ha ha your right there !

Just listening to Jo Swinson manifesto launch. It's hilarious... that bus should he renamed the "band wagon".

Soccer mom Jo Swinson is an epic failure. I can't wait to see her resigning in a few weeks.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Corbyn and Boris are doing what every party leader of both parties have done before them, give the voting public what they want to hear, then let them vote based on what they heard then when in power, ignore the voting public because once in power there is nothing the public can do, they cannot immediately vote them out, they cannot sack their MP.

Every UK politician would be crapping themselves if the UK constitution was that if the ruling party did not honour 40% of their election manifesto within 2yrs then the public has the right to vote out their MP and the ruling party because as it stands, once a party is voted in, the public is screwed over for another 5yrs until they can vote again. Just think if such a system was in place now, how many MP would have been voted out by their constituents because they ignored the wishes of the constituents. Knowing that sort of thing could happen, it would force MP's to do their job properly.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top