Join for free
Page 260 of 370 « First < 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 03:59 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Wednesday 27/2/19: Tension training (Legs). 55mins.
(All weights in kgs)

A day later than originally planned as I had my long-delayed ENT appointment yesterday (as mentioned in another thread), today’s tension training workout on the legs was successfully completed. With added weight from last time I set to work on some very deep pressing on the incline and sled apparatus especially.

Sled press:
25x100 warm-up
20x160 – pause – 15x160 – p – 10x160
15x200 – p – 12x200
14x200 to failure point
50x120 high reps

Incline press:
20x200 – p – 15x200 – p – 10x200
12x280 – p – 6x280
12x330 to failure point
50x150 high reps
*Cranking up the weight to a pretty scary 330kgs on this today, more than I’ve pushed for a long time. Not because I find it too difficult (though it’s certainly not a doddle) but because I’m supposed to be going easier on the really heavy weights. To be honest, why though? If the weight is still in my capabilities, go for it. My all-time maximum on a leg press is 425kgs when I was at my bodybuilding peak in my late thirties, though my legs were rather monstrous at that time!

Seated ham curls:
20x40 – p – 12x40 – p – 8x40
10x60 – p – 6x60
7x70
50x30 high reps

Adductor:
25x60

Abductor:
25x60

With the absence of the extension machine today (broken), I added a few sets on the lying leg curl instead, being careful not to arch my lower back too much:

Lying reverse leg curl (prone):
15x20 – p – 12x20 – p – 10x20
15x25 – p – 8x25
8x32.5
25x15 slow reps

Sled press (extra):
20x200
*Jumping on the sled for a quick final blast, as you do!

I’m unsure about when my next workout will take place. My arms are still pretty well shattered from Monday’s extended session, so I may just do a light session tomorrow. If not it will be Saturday as on Friday I’m out to see a singer-songwriter from Texas called Bob Cheevers who is on his farewell tour, playing in my local pub.

Thanks for reading
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 04:23 PM

Running the subarctic temperatures of the Kansas prairie is an exercise in endurance, but the cattle and birds all puffed up to insulate themselves made the best of it and so did I.

I haven't caught your ENT update Floydy, but I hope you have some answers and are feeling better!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lol mate, had to chuckle at that
It sounded as if you were planning to drive to Hornsea, leave your car there and get the bus straight back to Hull. No walk inbetween? And eight hours is a very long round-the-houses trip on a bus! Also, then you would be stranded in Hull without a car
I know what you mean bud
Ha Ha, yes reading it back Floydy I realise I didn't explain it very well did I.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Running the subarctic temperatures of the Kansas prairie is an exercise in endurance, but the cattle and birds all puffed up to insulate themselves made the best of it and so did I.

I haven't caught your ENT update Floydy, but I hope you have some answers and are feeling better!
Good on yer Surfermom.... The weather here has been quite extraordinary just lately. If you'd like to come over here I could make up the bed in the spare room and you could run me through the mysteries of the universe....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good on yer Surfermom.... The weather here has been quite extraordinary just lately. If you'd like to come over here I could make up the bed in the spare room and you could run me through the mysteries of the universe....
Oh my.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Great! If I tie my running shoes around my neck and start paddling tomorrow, I should make it there by May.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Great! If I tie my running shoes around my neck and start paddling tomorrow, I should make it there by May.
I hold you in such high esteem I should have thought you could walk it over.....
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:14 PM

I have not been on the forum for a few months, as I have been getting into mischief elsewhere but after reading back most of the posts on here, I had a huge smile on my face. What an inspirational bunch you lot are.

Floydy, I had my nephew staying with me a while back and he is just starting out on a fitness regime. He read through your posts on here and wrote a few things down, he was very impressed.

Well for me, I still run twice a week. I see a PT once a week who helps me with strengthening exercises and go to yoga once a week. As I still work it does take some commitment on my part as I get bored so easily and would give up if I didn’t scold myself every now and then.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I have not been on the forum for a few months, as I have been getting into mischief elsewhere but after reading back most of the posts on here, I had a huge smile on my face. What an inspirational bunch you lot are.

Floydy, I had my nephew staying with me a while back and he is just starting out on a fitness regime. He read through your posts on here and wrote a few things down, he was very impressed.

Well for me, I still run twice a week. I see a PT once a week who helps me with strengthening exercises and go to yoga once a week. As I still work it does take some commitment on my part as I get bored so easily and would give up if I didn’t scold myself every now and then.
Hi Cedronella Nice top see you're still keeping yourself in shape. It all makes sense to look after ourselves especially as we age and working with a professional PT will ensure you get the best from your training Love OGF's little slogan he found the other day too

I'm rather humbled to see that your nephew has found some of my routines of interest. Is he starting out as a bodybuilder or just seeing what he can get to grips with, as they say, and taking it from there?
Whatever his goals, I'm sure he'll do well in his quest to fitness stardom. Please let me know how he gets on and I'm here to assist if I'm needed
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:32 PM

Thank you Floydy.

He had an accident a few years back which stopped him from training. He hated it. He is better now but was unsure where to start. I said take a look at this and showed him your posts. He was most impressed and I think you spurred him on. I got a text yesterday to say he has joined a gym and he slowly building up again.

Page 260 of 370 « First < 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top