Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 09:57 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Trump called him the little fat Rocket man, fat!!! Tump is one to talk, the big fat rocket mouth.

I did know a John Young, he was a very old lad when I was a young man, he used to work in Kennedy’s bakery, a huge city bakery at the time, he was a disgruntled employee who had been sacked (I’ve been wanting to type that lovely word “disgruntled”, it’s being going round in me head all day long) any way he was so disgruntled that he wrote a children’s skipping song so the word would spread throughout the city in no time. The kids still sing it to this day.

“Don’t eat Kennedy’s bread
It sticks to your belly like lead
It makes your mother wonder
When you fart like like thunder
Don’t eat Kennedy’s bread”

There lies another rocket connection, one could get to the stars on ones own steam if they ate a whole loaf of Kennedy’s bread.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:15 AM

Crumbs is all I can say...bit stale I know but it's still early

Isn't it awful that cold feet make for a cold imagination and that a pair of woollen socks induce good thoughts!

Do they have to be woollen socks I wonder !.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 02:43 PM

....surely that would be Locketman???
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 08:59 PM

I could never wear wooly socks, or any heavy type socks for that matter, they make my feet feel they are immersed in concrete for some reason, maybe they had those awful creamy white long surgical stockings on my Mother when she was giving birth to me and she developed an itch in her big toe, unable to scratch it she had to suffer it out, but by then the message had got through to the infant, beware of woolly socks me lad.
I only wear the thinnest socks available, even in severely cold weather, wherever ye be keep yer feet fresh and free.

True enough Pug me lad.
Locketman reminds me of a true event that happened in a small workshop in town, I was still an apprentice at the time and the man I was apprenticed to got in a fairly large ladies 18ct.gold locket in for repair, the anchor ring that holds the gold chain on had broken off. The locket was very old and was of great sentimental value to the owner, who was a wealthy regular customer to the shop.
Before he could put any heat to the piece in order to solder on a new ring he had to remove the two old photographs that were inside first, he did this (I was watching his every move as I was supposed to do) but he forgot to check around the inside rims of the locket where some folks keep a piece of hair belonging to a loved one who has passed on, I knew this because my granny had a bit of her Mother’s hair in an old silver locket she wore, when I mentioned this to him I got the “Who the f…k do you think your telling” look, and he proceeded to solder. then a tiny whiff of smoke and a weak sizzle and that was the bit of hair gone. Curses from yerman, then I said that I had noticed a bit of hair sticking out of the rim just before he vaporised it, and it was silver grey in colour, now all he had to do was go into the office and ask the old secretary Miss Byrne for a sprig of her lovely silver hair, he did, the job was finished and polished, the customer was happy and nobody was ever the wiser.
Well? don’t be looking at me, I was only a kid and I merely suggested a way out, the “Master” was the real culprit, and the grumpy old dastard never even thanked me.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:50 PM

Socks? Max Wall comes to mind. I used to do an impression of him at Christmas.
His character Prof. Walofski influenced John Cleese & his silly Walks sketch.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:57 PM

Came across this by accident, and you gave an introduction RJ to Mr Cleese, so leave the politics out of it. John has put some stack on, yes.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 10:03 PM

Or did I?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 05:39 PM

As for that accident ,somewhere in a far distance galaxy . sensible minded folk are singing 'a tisket, a tasket, a green and yellow basket etc with no thought for any othe B word......lucky b******s. .

Unlike the sainted Dave Allen and that delightful heathen Bill Connolly whose humour shows in their eyes, John Cleeses goes no further than his mouth .

Now how is that for a bit of feminine thinking .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

31-05-2019, 10:00 PM

I gather you are not in love with Mr. Fawlty then Solo.

I have to say that woman is lousy at interviewing, TV is lost for good interviewers since they lost Eamon Andrews, Michael Parkinson, and Terry Wogan.
John boy is certainly lashing on the weight, no more funny walks for him, he’d never get a leg above that belly of his.
I thought he was supposed to be broke, all the wives cleaned him out, down to his last 5 million and that’s really broke by his standards, yet he’s able to bugger off to a special caribbean island where the natives are ever so polite (probably have to bow to him on the street) and the schools teach the english in the old fashioned way, he’ll be hoping the local TV station shows old Monty Python episodes all day long, he was complaining that the BBC haven’t shown an episode in 12 years, no wonder he’s going.

To me there was always something sly and arrogant about the man, but to give him his due, Fawlty Towers was excellent comedy, and I enjoyed the film “Clockwork”.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 10:04 PM

.....he's NOT the Messiah,he's a very naughty boy!....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top