Join for free
Page 361 of 370 « First < 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 06:02 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I miss my swimming, I hate that the pools shut, and I'm stuck at home.
I know this must be a huge frustration and disappointment, Roxy. is there any estimate for an opening date?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Sounds chilly! I am ever surprised how many people are out and about on chilly grey days. What was the story on the environmental employees? Any guesses?

Cold and grey here too and managed a solid five miles yesterday with warm temperatures, but it's dropped twenty today. I can't wait until the days are inviting rather than picking a fight .

The birds are plentiful, but of different species - cardinals and robins, starlings and pelicans, but they are on the job with the same vigor.

Mud. Grrrrr.
There is a some low ground and a few homesteads at the other side of the river Surfermom, and four massive pumps ready to keep the water out. It's not so much the river that floods the land, but it's unable to drain if the river is too high. I suspect the environmental blokes were either going to man the pumps, or post a flood warning if the river got too high.

There was no flood warnings issued, so it must have been the pumps....
We get the robins and starlings, but I've not seen any cardinals or pelicans Surfer.
Pheasants, Partridges, Rooks, Swans and Herons are the larger birds I usually come across.
I have in the past seen a large Grey Owl that swooped over my head one morning when I was running in the dark. He must have mistaken me for rodent....

I can't wait for the warm summer mornings, and running in daylight. I just want to run forever on such mornings. Good running Surfer, five's not to be sniffed at....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I know this must be a huge frustration and disappointment, Roxy. is there any estimate for an opening date?
Nope, nada, nothing. Place is all locked up again. Maybe by the summer and everyone's had their Covid injection it'll start up again. My fitness levels have really dive bombed since last March, I often wonder if I'll be able to get back to where I was.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 03:07 AM

nope Nada, zilch, nuffink for 4 days now, im turning into a lazy slob this past few days, help.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Nope, nada, nothing. Place is all locked up again. Maybe by the summer and everyone's had their Covid injection it'll start up again. My fitness levels have really dive bombed since last March, I often wonder if I'll be able to get back to where I was.
You do just fine, Roxy. You just have to hope the kids stay our of your lane!

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
nope Nada, zilch, nuffink for 4 days now, im turning into a lazy slob this past few days, help.
Aw, you can do it, LQ!

Brrr. The wind is whipping off the gulf with a sky as great as my granddad's hair. I decided to give it a go anyway, but I felt a little like a sail as the gale pushed me relentlessly landward as I made my way parallel to the shore. With eyes watering and feet landing this, that, and the other way, I felt a huge sigh of relief when I finally made it 2.6 miles to the east. Yay!

The only problem was that sudden sinking feeling when I pivoted to see miles ahead of that long empty stretch home. .

Brutal but accomplished; 5.25 miles.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 08:08 PM

Well missing my PT. She only comes to see me once a week but she scares me into doing regular exercise. She keeps reminding me that when I get old I should be able to put my own knickers on. That alone keeps me going. Yesterday I did three miles. Unfortunately my husband came with me and nagged me all the way round. I love him to pieces of course but sometimes I wish he would just shut his mouth!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

21-02-2021, 12:11 AM

Cedrnonella, three miles no matter how you get there is a very respectable distance!

Am I correct that your PT isn't coming around because of the lockdown?

This is the time of year I find myself on the dreadmill putting a few miles artificially behind me when it's just too wicked to go out. So far, I've avoided the thing for the most part!
Rusty
New Member!
America
Rusty is female 

01-03-2021, 10:48 PM

I walk. A lot
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 11:27 AM

I'm doing walks but not with any great enthusiasm. There's no nice countryside or greenery in my urban area. Never mind, the gym will be open next month, possibly - roll on, happy day!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

02-03-2021, 05:37 PM

Hi, Rusty. Good to know you out there being enthusiastically bipedal!

You keep going, Tachyon. This lockdown can't last forever! It's not the lockdowns that are keeping me from outdoor fun, but RAIN for days! I want SUN!

Have a good day doing what you can, everyone!

Page 361 of 370 « First < 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top