Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 11:54 PM

Re: Remainers Were Wrong About Literally Everything

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If I were you I would be getting seriously worried about the next rounds of debt mutualisation.

As for fishing we should tear up the TCA as I've said many times. The EU is a banana Republic that can't ever be trusted.
Greensil, flat refurbishment, no 10 press room.
Any fine banana republic would feel insulted if someone compares them to britain.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Greensil, flat refurbishment, no 10 press room.
Any fine banana republic would feel insulted if someone compares them to britain.
Don't push it Solasch
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 02:36 AM

Apart from China (The regime..not the people)..who gives everybody the sh*ts..(1) We in the Indo Pacific manage to trade and get on with each other pretty well most of the time. We..with the aforementioned exception - all seem to be happy with our trade deals. Why does Britain feel so eager to disassociate itself from Europe? I get the impression from some here that it's because they feel Britain has been hard done by or that they have been dudded (2) by Europe. Is this the case?..If the tone of what's being said here is an indication of what the communication is usually like I guess I can't be surprised. Is it possible to have a vigorous discussion and even disagreement while maintaining some manners??

(1) With the exception of North Korea that is. That stable, enlightened, democratic and totally decent regime just loves them.

(2) Duped, scammed etc
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Don't push it Solasch
Yes a lift in the tone here would probably be for the best.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 07:21 AM

Lets just wait and see, could be good, could be bad, should feel different, if it don't summats amiss.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 09:45 AM

Hi

A general comment.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Politicians.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Apart from China (The regime..not the people)..who gives everybody the sh*ts..(1) We in the Indo Pacific manage to trade and get on with each other pretty well most of the time. We..with the aforementioned exception - all seem to be happy with our trade deals. Why does Britain feel so eager to disassociate itself from Europe? I get the impression from some here that it's because they feel Britain has been hard done by or that they have been dudded (2) by Europe. Is this the case?..If the tone of what's being said here is an indication of what the communication is usually like I guess I can't be surprised. Is it possible to have a vigorous discussion and even disagreement while maintaining some manners??

(1) With the exception of North Korea that is. That stable, enlightened, democratic and totally decent regime just loves them.

(2) Duped, scammed etc

We aren't disassociating ourselves from Europe, we are leaving the European Union. The member states and the EU are two different things.

The EU is not just a trade deal, what started as a single market for goods ended up being a political framework run by unelected officials which, by signing up to the Lisbon Treaty every member state was bound by. Although it may work for other member states, it has not ever really worked for the UK. We have opposed most EU laws and policies historically which shows just how much the UK was a bad fit for the project. We already have our own union, our own single market, common currency, centralised treasury, customs union open borders, ultimate arbitrator an have for hundreds of years. Integrating what we already have with another union was never going to work. We had already rejected the Euro we rejected Schengen and we rejected PESCO among other things.

Australia, remember, did a similar thing and broke free of the UK Empire as a sovereign nation, as we have through Brexit.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 10:27 AM

.......Breaking News........

Two rows of terraced housed have been destroyed in Wath-on-Dearne it was first thought that the sky had fallen down as a result of either Brexit or Climate Change. It was later discovered to be a deluge of bullshit emanating from various sources in the town. The locals have appealed for aid from the EU and it has been estimated that over a thousand pounds worth of damage has been caused.....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
.......Breaking News........

Two rows of terraced housed have been destroyed in Wath-on-Dearne it was first thought that the sky had fallen down as a result of either Brexit or Climate Change. It was later discovered to be a deluge of bullshit emanating from various sources in the town. The locals have appealed for aid from the EU and it has been estimated that over a thousand pounds worth of damage has been caused.....
Hi

I own 20% of a bungalow in Kirk Sandall.

It was 60/40 owned by Dad when he died, and I have a third of that.

His partner still lives in the house, she is in her 80's
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I own 20% of a bungalow in Kirk Sandall.

It was 60/40 owned by Dad when he died, and I have a third of that.

His partner still lives in the house, she is in her 80's
One of my late, ex colleague lived in Kirk sandal

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top