Join for free
Page 158 of 164 « First < 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:19 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The problem is OGF the amount of stupidity on the Internet about Covid.

It annoys me as a scientist, 5G cannot possibly affect a virus.
I totally agree with you Swim, but can we discount everything we read on social media for the odd stupid conspiracy theory?
And has that theory been planted there on purpose so as to rubbish everything else? With all due respect Swim, It appears to have worked on you....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I totally agree with you Swim, but can we discount everything we read on social media for the odd stupid conspiracy theory?
And has that theory been planted there on purpose so as to rubbish everything else? With all due respect Swim, It appears to have worked on you....
Hi

Nope, I just have come to a different decision to you.

It is as simple as that.

There is no absolute certainty that I am right, it is just that I think differently to you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, I just have come to a different decision to you.

It is as simple as that.

There is no absolute certainty that I am right, it is just that I think differently to you.
You think differently to me because your circumstances are different to mine Swimmy, and you are suggesting that I lose the right to make my decision based on my circumstances.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 09:39 PM

Ref Covid, I have found a great deal of twisted facts on social media OGF. Things people have sent to me and I've checked out. This ranges from videos in one language (from experts) dubbed into another using subtitles which are completely fake, to official research text which has been doctored in part to give a completely different message. It has been an eye opener.

I prefer to read scientific research papers. In Jan 2020 I read a really good one about the effects of covid, what it does to the cells of the body - a paper that really scared me. I started to tell my colleagues at work how serious it was. Some scoffed. A few months later one colleague was reminiscing about that conversationm, we had a laugh about it because the whole world was locking down.

So OGF if you want to check out the real facts look at the science. Much of it is published online, even if only abstracts. Only bear in mind scientific research is a bit like religion. You have to read a lot of papers and then make up your own mind based on the sample size and peer reviews.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 09:41 PM

You think differently to me because your circumstances are different to mine Swimmy, and you are suggesting that I lose the right to make my decision based on my circumstances.
OGF you should do whatever you are comfortable doing. It's your body your choice.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ref Covid, I have found a great deal of twisted facts on social media OGF. Things people have sent to me and I've checked out. This ranges from videos in one language (from experts) dubbed into another using subtitles which are completely fake, to official research text which has been doctored in part to give a completely different message. It has been an eye opener.

I prefer to read scientific research papers. In Jan 2020 I read a really good one about the effects of covid, what it does to the cells of the body - a paper that really scared me. I started to tell my colleagues at work how serious it was. Some scoffed. A few months later one colleague was reminiscing about that conversationm, we had a laugh about it because the whole world was locking down.

So OGF if you want to check out the real facts look at the science. Much of it is published online, even if only abstracts. Only bear in mind scientific research is a bit like religion. You have to read a lot of papers and then make up your own mind based on the sample size and peer reviews.
Thanks Annie, but I must point out that my decision not have the vaccine was no way influenced by anything I read on social media or the main stream media. I looked at my personal circumstances and decided I will not have the jab at this stage. Of course my decision may change if my circumstances change, but that will be very unlikely until the vaccines have finished their experimental period in 2023.
I have also noticed (especially on twitter) the amount of manipulation of documents and graphics that lead me not to take anything as proof on there without other backup info....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
OGF you should do whatever you are comfortable doing. It's your body your choice.
I believe that I will not catch the virus Annie, but in the unlikely event that I do, I also believe that my body is up for the fight.....Of course, if I'm wrong you won't be able to say "I told you so"....
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 06:51 PM

My son made me promise to have the vaccine. They have just had a baby which they have been trying for for about 5years. They didn`t want me to die of covid and not be there to help them out. How selfish lol. So I had it, I had concerns but I had it. 3 days of flu like symptoms both times for me and hubby. We will see.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-06-2021, 05:05 PM

Ok so I had my second AZ jab this morning. Managed to go shopping and do some gardening, put the washing on, repark the car, then **boom** walking down the road in the sun to the car I felt like I was on drugs. Now propped up with pillows in bed with the tower fan on oscillate and have had some soup (which helped) and paracetamol. Just waiting for it to get worse.

The reaction was faster than last time. Just over three hours.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 05:27 PM

Oh dear Annie, I hope things improve soon.

I admire you though, still accepting your second jab after suffering badly with your first.

Page 158 of 164 « First < 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top