Join for free
Page 23 of 29 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:41 AM

Re: Matt Hancocks Affair

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=uxbndlbing

Labour has repeated its point that the PM should have sacked Hancock immediately after video footage emerged of him kissing an aide in his ministerial office in a breach of coronavirus restrictions.

The prime minister has a “very dangerous blind spot” over issues of integrity and conduct in government ministers’ public life, shadow housing secretary Lucy Powell said in an interview for the Labour party with Trevor Phillips on sky.

“I’m afraid it feels to me like the prime minister has a very dangerous blind spot when it comes to issues of integrity and conduct in public life. And that’s a really big problem,” Powell said.

Doubts that PM will last until next election.
At least Cummings hasn't taken full advantage of the situation.

Oh, he has:
He suggested that Mr Johnson's wife Carrie Symonds had played a role in the decision to hire Mr Javid as the new health secretary. Mr Javid resigned as chancellor in February 2020 - the culmination of weeks of reported tensions between him and Mr Cummings, who was said to have been key to the subsequent appointment of Rishi Sunak.

Mr Cummings tweeted: "So Carrie appoints Saj! NB If I hadn't tricked PM into firing Saj, we'd have had a HMT with useless SoS/spads, no furlough scheme, total chaos instead of JOINT 10/11 team which was a big success.

"Saj = bog standard = chasing headlines + failing = awful for NHS. Need #RegimeChange."
From here
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's totally underhand Pauline. What next? Secret cameras in the toilet? How far do they go?

Is it...he was caught out doing a naughty, don’t see it your way Annie.

All of those in power, should imo have secret cameras dotted everywhere, we rely on them to keep this country safe.

Therefore we need to know we are safe in their hands..

Not in their own private residence..in a government building, yes.

That is my belief/ opinion..so it ain’t up for discussion.

Feel free to voice...but I’m done in here...have made my many points.
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

27-06-2021, 11:45 AM

Cummings is one seething volcanic chap. Hmm.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Unsure where the info about a smoke detector comes from, but some products can look like detectors to hide their purpose. Nothing unusual about that.
I think if you read any of today’s newspapers, they state the camera was hidden in a smoke detector.
Well.. that’s if they are telling the truth!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Is it...he was caught out doing a naughty, don’t see it your way Annie.

All of those in power, should imo have secret cameras dotted everywhere, we rely on them to keep this country safe.

Therefore we need to know we are safe in their hands..

Not in their own private residence..in a government building, yes.

That is my belief/ opinion..so it ain’t up for discussion.

Feel free to voice...but I’m done in here...have made my many points.
By and large, I agree.

These cameras are there for protection purposes.

Having been accused by a child of hitting him (which could have ended my career) and having had the CCTV footage showing quite clearly that he was lying, and having used CCTV to identify who set fire to the paper skip, and having seen how CCTV was used by the police to identify who broke into the a school to nick a few computers, I'm not particularly against their use.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

27-06-2021, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think if you read any of today’s newspapers, they state the camera was hidden in a smoke detector.
Well.. that’s if they are telling the truth!
Ah. Have yet to see those. Do they say that this was a camera not part of the security system in place?

Edit - more info here https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oke-alarm.html
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=Dextrous63

Having been accused by a child of hitting him (which could have ended my career) and having had the CCTV footage showing quite clearly that he was lying, and having used CCTV to identify who set fire to the paper skip, and having seen how CCTV was used by the police to identify who broke into the a school to nick a few computers, I'm not particularly against their use.[/QUOTE]

That could most definitely have ended your teaching career.

Thank goodness you had that cctv footage....it could so easily have turned your life into a nightmare without it..
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 12:11 PM

Former Labour health secretary Alan Johnson said when he was in the position formerly occupied by Mr Hancock, there was no camera in his office.

He told Sky News: "I could never understand why there was a camera in the Secretary of State's office. There was never a camera in my office when I was health secretary or in any other five cabinet positions."

Asked about the rule that cabinet ministers are not allowed to be monitored by anyone other than the security services, he added: "It goes back to Harold Wilson's time, although of course our telephone conversations; there's always someone listening in, as a member of your private office, to get a record, so you've got some... back up for what's talked about."

Intrigued. Looks likes this was planned plot to oust him.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

27-06-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Intrigued. Looks likes this was planned plot to oust him.
I guess we'll never know who, what, nor why the camera was there.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 12:21 PM

And all because of male anemia.

Page 23 of 29 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top