Join for free
Page 26 of 29 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:44 PM

Re: Matt Hancocks Affair

None of us know what goes on in marriages behind closed doors.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
None of us know what goes on in marriages behind closed doors.
Thank goodness!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 09:49 AM

An article, in the DT suggests that men, who are working really hard in intense, high profile jobs, have a big change of personality from what they had, years before, when they got wed.

Thus, it claims, husbands and wives no longer know each other, nor do they respond as they once did.

It implies that to be one of the reasons that men have it away, with similar hard working women, because that's their new environmental norm!

Clearly, that must be why some change their partners, on a regular basis, to stay level?

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 12:05 PM

Just seen this posted by a journalist

I suspects this is the first time a minister has resigned to spend more time with somebody else's family’
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

28-06-2021, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Just seen this posted by a journalist

But I feel for his true family.

Would he have left them if he hadn't been exposed?
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

28-06-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
An article, in the DT suggests that men, who are working really hard in intense, high profile jobs, have a big change of personality from what they had, years before, when they got wed.

Thus, it claims, husbands and wives no longer know each other, nor do they respond as they once did.

It implies that to be one of the reasons that men have it away, with similar hard working women, because that's their new environmental norm!

Clearly, that must be why some change their partners, on a regular basis, to stay level?

I see someone has left a pile of the DM's own products outside its offices.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Oldbod ->

But I feel for his true family.

Would he have left them if he hadn't been exposed?
It is sad for his family, but maybe the question we should ask is " Would his wife & children want the man to stay when he was obviously deceiving them?".
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is sad for his family, but maybe the question we should ask is " Would his wife & children want the man to stay when he was obviously deceiving them?".
I feel sorry for his wife...she had the other woman as a facebook friends and believed her marriage was happy and stable. I certainly wouldn't such a conniving rat in my house.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 07:58 AM

He probably didn’t intend to do it . Close proximity the crisis and everything .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 09:39 AM

I really don't give a toss about Hancocks affair, marriages break down for all sorts of reasons and it happens all the time. As far as I'm concerned, that part is a private matter for him and those directly affected.

Here is what really does p1ss me off.

I was unable to see my mum since Christmas due to Hancocks lockdown and regional travel restrictions. Month after month we rescheduled until finally, when both me and my mum had our double jabs in May, I threw caution to the wind and went to see her anyway, driving 240 miles up to Stockton. My sister was staying with her as she was moving house and her new flat wasn't quite ready and as my mums house only has 2 bedrooms I said I would stay the night round the corner in a Travel Lodge as it would also be late when I arrived.

On the Friday morning as I was getting ready to leave to see her, my phone rang. It was my sister telling me my mum had died during the night and as I got to the house I was greeted by paramedics, police and a distraught sister. I never did get to see her again and I have to live with myself thinking if only I had just popped round on the Thursday night I would at least have seen her, just briefly.

This is why people are so angry with Hancock, people like me in their thousands, millions even when you look at the wider impact, who have been left devastated by the impact of the lockdown rules while selfish, self centred bastard Hancock, the guy in charge of UK Health, sticks two fingers at the people and decides his rules don't apply to him and can't get in the way of him getting his leg over with someone else wife.

I don't believe a word of his virtuous BS resignation either, I don't think anyone in my position feels comforted by his apology. He should resign as an MP and give the job to someone who serves his constituents rather than himself. Someone who hasn't the courage to end a relationship before starting another and someone who makes his children his priority.

And meanwhile at the G7, leaders slap each others backs without wearing facemasks, walking with arms round each other to their tax payer funded barbecue, flying in by private jets to visit our country (which, incidentally, families of UK citizens living abroad can't do without spending £2,500 isolating in a hotel for 10 days), and lecturing us on going 0% carbon and green issues.

This won't be forgotten at the ballot box, I can tell you. Certainly not by me anyway.

Page 26 of 29 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top