Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 06:25 PM

Re: Will You Ditch Your Mask When Covid Restrictions Are Lifted?

I'll keep on wearing a mask when required or when I decide that it's better to be safe(r) than sorry. My reading glasses don't steam up.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I reckon its because people aren't being as hygienic as they were at the beginning. I used to see people anti bacc'ing (is that a verb now?!) their hands furiously, washing everything they touched and generally being really careful. Now nobody bothers.
Disinfecting hands is critical but one shouldn't overdo it in the way you describe. After all, aerosols are the key mode of transmission.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
When I posted that, I was thinking more of outside than in, sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm scrupulous in the house and always have a bottle with me. I just don't see people outside being as careful as they once were. Even little kids are running around shops now, touching everything, whereas before they were usually kept with whoever was looking after them. One man I saw today actually moved his mask down, sneezed, and then put his mask back up over his face!
I take some with me when I go out as well, either in my bag, bum bag or pocket & I use them all the time.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:31 PM

I always washed my hands a lot now even before covid I thought everyone did .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:32 PM

Will You Ditch Your Mask When Covid Restrictions Are Lifted?

Absolutely not!
I have been wearing it - the same one - for over a year now and it's still in perfect condition.

I can't afford to be buying new face masks every two minutes.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Same here, especially in shops and on public transport.
I respect those people who wish to wear one, but if public transport is packed I'll be sitting right next to them. I won't be wearing a mask, and in all likelihood the people sitting in front of them and behind them won't be wearing masks either.

People who haven't vaccinated will just have to keep isolating at home, I suppose.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I will.
Ditch the facial covering at the earliest, that is.

Question: if wearing facial coverings is so effective and the waring of these is mandatory, how come still so many people are getting infected?
Most of the people who getting infected at present are young people Zaphod, this also helps to explain the low number of hospital admissions and deaths. It's been passed around at schools, universities and workplaces where masks are not generally been worn. At present, older people and the more vulnerable have come to terms with the things they need to do to avoid infection, as can be observed by the number of people just on our forum who will continue to wear masks and observe social distancing even when the restrictions have been lifted.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:01 PM

It will be a sad day for me when all masks are removed. I have become so much more aware of beautiful eyes over the last year or more. Eyes can be so sexy. I will carry on wearing my mask.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I respect those people who wish to wear one, but if public transport is packed I'll be sitting right next to them. I won't be wearing a mask, and in all likelihood the people sitting in front of them and behind them won't be wearing masks either.

People who haven't vaccinated will just have to keep isolating at home, I suppose.
I haven't been vaccinated Tachyon and I will certainly not be isolating at home. I didn't have the flu jab either and managed to dodge that bullet for over thirty years. Listening to the media it sounds like every third person in the UK is carrying the virus and that is simply not true. There are still over sixty million people who have never had the virus, and even those that have tested positive have either experienced no symptoms or nothing more than the effects of flu. I'll still wear a mask in shops etc, and keep out of the crowds but I certainly won't be isolating.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
It will be a sad day for me when all masks are removed. I have become so much more aware of beautiful eyes over the last year or more. Eyes can be so sexy. I will carry on wearing my mask.
I've noticed that too. 🙂

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top