Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

07-07-2021, 09:50 AM

Re: Do you moan just loud enough for supermarket staff to hear?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Quite often I will hear someone having a moan to their shopping partner in crime, just loud enough for me to hear. In fact I'm sure it is actually directed towards me but the partner is a good cover. It's normally a shopper who comes in with 'The trolley anchor man' - you know, normally the man, who just stands there guarding the trolley in case anyone steals it, even though it hasn't been paid for yet.

I get blamed for vegetables being too small or out of stock (Do they think I grow them?). I get blamed for prices being too high (as if I set them) and the other day,, I was told that 'Another one of my trolleys was useless' (Like I should be taking them home to repair them - perhaps storing them in my dining room until they are fixed)

Still, someone did come up to me today and thank me personally for 'Getting the fresh peas in.'
I don't store shop anymore, I do it online but when I did I did none of these things because being a retired manager of a different kind of store I know what complete shits some customers can be. Thankfully the majority were lovely. I always thank the kind people who deliver my groceries because, oh my goodness how I appreciate them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Oldbod ->
I don't store shop anymore, I do it online but when I did I did none of these things because being a retired manager of a different kind of store I know what complete shits some customers can be. Thankfully the majority were lovely. I always thank the kind people who deliver my groceries because, oh my goodness how I appreciate them!
That is true and quite often, just as I am about to stick prickly pears down my pants as a self punishment, someone really nice approaches. Luckily, the good ones outweigh the bad ones.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 09:58 AM

What about those smart shop devices LD?

Do they moan about them?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 01:07 PM

Last time I moaned in a supermarket my partner and I were told to put our clothes back and leave. We got banned, too, and she wan't best pleased!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 01:33 PM

21 century shop assistants make me laugh. They are programmed to say things like: "Is there any fink else I can help you wiv today sir?" ... after having been of absolutely no help whatsoever. 😐
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 04:11 PM

We have a weekly standing order for 6 frozen muffins at M&S foods and, every week, when we approach the bakery counter, the assistant gets them out of the freezer for us ready packed in a box. I always, always, thank her for this personal, unofficial, service. She's a real diamond and asset to M&S IMHO.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
What about those smart shop devices LD?

Do they moan about them?
Oooooh yes, normally with good reason.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-07-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Last time I moaned in a supermarket my partner and I were told to put our clothes back and leave. We got banned, too, and she wan't best pleased!
Blimey, what did you do.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-07-2021, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
21 century shop assistants make me laugh. They are programmed to say things like: "Is there any fink else I can help you wiv today sir?" ... after having been of absolutely no help whatsoever. 😐
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-07-2021, 04:19 PM

A customer once complained to me that the peppers (in packs) were too small. I explained that if they were bigger, they wouldn't fit in the bags. He walked off thinking about that one.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top