Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 09:11 PM

Re: i going crazy over the way Sister has devided Mom's property.

Death in the famly always seems to bring out the worst in families. My eldest brother had nothing to do with my sister,other brother and self ,after we critisised how his wife spoke to our Mother at our youngest brothers funeral. even when told Mum was dying he never came to see her,but as soon as she died he came, wanting to know about the house and bit of money Dad left years before, he was very put out to find that Mum had left a will with everything to my sister, with full agreement of our other brother and I, as she had looked after Mum when she was ill.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 11:28 PM

I found out today that I can put a claim on the house as it was transfered a couple of years ago by way of a Quick Claim Deed. Sister had Mom's name off and her own put on the deed 2 years before Mom died. All I can do about the cash is hassle her about more book keeping details. But since she kept the money and the records, if there are any, it would have no meaning. The costs to go farther would cost me too much and the out look for winning pretty low. I so I am letting go but I feel I have lost a sister as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by ShirleyMarie ->
. I so I am letting go but I feel I have lost a sister as well.
Shirley maybe you can patch things up with your sister.
I hardly got anything out of the little my parents left. My sister got the main part but I decided not to make a big fuss.
It was after all only money and I had never had much of that anyway and as they say 'what you have never had you never miss' .
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 09:35 AM

In UK, a gift like that made less than 7 years ago would mean she had to pay Inheritance tax on the value.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 09:53 AM

The only things I wanted was some photos, I finally managed to get my mother to send me a couple of my dad.

Years later 25 to be exact I am now getting more photos from when we were kids. When my brother died his daughter has gone though a box and found some and she is sending them on facebook to me.

To say I am very happy is an understatement.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 12:21 PM

Hi ShirleyMarie

Found this for you about the rules relating to a Quick Claim Deed
which you might find interesting

" A quitclaim deed is a legal instrument which is used to transfer interest in real property. The entity transferring its interest is called the grantor, and when the quitclaim deed is properly completed and executed it transfers any interest the grantor has in the property to a recipient, called the grantee.[1] The owner/grantor terminates (“quits”) any right and claim to the property, thereby allowing the right or claim to transfer to the recipient/grantee.

Unlike most other property deeds, a quitclaim deed contains no title covenant and thus offers the grantee no warranty as to the status of the property title;[2] the grantee is entitled only to whatever interest the grantor actually possesses at the time the transfer occurs.[3] This means that the grantor does not guarantee that he or she actually owns any interest in the property at the time of the transfer,[4] or if he or she does own an interest, that the title is free and clear. It is therefore possible for a grantee to receive no actual interest, and – because a quitclaim deed offers no warranty – have no legal recourse to recover any losses. Further, if the grantor should acquire the property at a later date, the grantee is not entitled to take possession, because the grantee can only receive the interest the grantor held at the time the transfer occurred. In contrast, other deeds often used for real estate sales (called grant deeds or warranty deeds, depending on the jurisdiction) contain warranties from the grantor to the grantee that the title is clear and/or that the grantor has not placed any encumbrance against the title.

Because of this lack of warranty, quitclaim deeds are most often used to transfer property[5] between family members, as gifts, placing personal property into a business entity (and vice versa) or in other special or unique circumstances.[citation needed] Quitclaim deeds are rarely used to transfer property from seller to buyer in a traditional property sale; in most cases, the grantor and grantee have an existing relationship, or the grantor and grantee are the same person"

Hope this helps you and your siblings x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top