Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:09 PM

The English Habit

Do you do much of it ?
How do you like it ?
How many times a day do you think about having it ?
Does it wind you up or relax you ?
Have you a good method?
Tea drinking, I’m on about ?,
Do you brew in a mug with a teabag or as they say in Yorkshire , “ mash it “ ? Ugh , I detest strong tea !
Or are you a cup and saucer girl so you’ll use a teapot of course ?
Maybe there are still pint pot men about?
What’s your favourite brand or do you test different ones . I’m really interested in this one , what does make the bed cuppa?
Finally ,how many times a day do you think “ I need a brew” .
I’ve worked it out , six times . Four beakers in a morning , one in an afternoon , one about ten at night . ( I don’t go to bed until after midnight so it doesn’t keep me awake )
Perhaps if you waken up and can’t sleep and make a brew does it help send you off again ?Amazingly it does seem to work .
Questions ?
Well you have to think about something other than the virus day in day out?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:12 PM

Re: The English Habit

Zuleika, whew! Slow down there girl! If this is the reaction of having an English tea daily, I would recommend you might try a sip or two of Pepsi!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:21 PM

I drink very little else Zuleika.....
On average, four cups per day with one teaspoonful of sugar, a splash of milk and always brewed in a teapot.....
The Brand..........Oh Yorkshire of course (Taylors of Harrogate).....
It's also my 'go too' problem solver or stress reliever, and standard greeting for visitors.....
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:26 PM

Teabag in a mug for me.

For health reasons I have to limit my daily fluid intake to between two and two point litres, so how many brews I have depends on what other fluids I have consumed.

Generally though it would be about seven mug-fulls of either English Breakfast, or Earl Grey, weak and milky, no sugar.
My Lovely Cousin can't stand the smell of the latter, so I have to drink it when she is in another part of the house.

Brekkers, mid-morn, lunchtime, mid afternoon, teatime, and two in the evening.

Store brand for ordinary tea, any decent well known brand for the Earl Grey.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:35 PM

Zuleika, How lovely to see a thread from you.

You have omitted one very important thing about a cup of tea... you didn’t ask in which direction do you stir your spoon in the cup of tea... Clockwise or Anti-clockwise?

Anyway, l only drink tea, never coffee.
I use Tetley teabags, it took me years to come round to using teabags. Imagine, if the Queen called in one day and you offered her a cup of hot water and a teabag to dunk in it!!

I only use China mugs, a splash of milk and no sugar. I like the strength ‘just right’ not weak and not strong. I use a tong like thing to squeeze the tea bag.

Sometimes, l add the milk first and sometimes after. I keep the milk in a small jug, on the worktop so it doesn’t cool the tea too much.
I like the tea hot, never cold. I am not sure how many a day l have but not an excessive amount.
It doesn’t keep me awake either, like when l’ve had coffee in the past.

Gosh, you wouldn’t think you could write that much about a simple cup of tea.

I forgot to mention, l always used to just reboil the water in the kettle until Mups started or mentioned in a thread about reboiled water. I didn’t realise it was bad for you, so now I always use fresh boiled water.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:38 PM

I am not a tea drinker, one mug cup a day at 6am that is so weak you can see the bottom of the mug

I am a coffee drinker ground Kenya coffee mild and acidic
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:46 PM

Mainly coffee for me (from beans). I love trying all the different brands and flavours but it can be an expensive habit. I reckon I have about four or five cups per day and perhaps a tea a couple of times per week.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I drink very little else Zuleika.....
On average, four cups per day with one teaspoonful of sugar, a splash of milk and always brewed in a teapot.....
The Brand..........Oh Yorkshire of course (Taylors of Harrogate).....
It's also my 'go too' problem solver or stress reliever, and standard greeting for visitors.....
Foxy, Talking about Yorkshire Tea. My daughter and her boyfriend couldn’t get Yorkshire Tea malty Biscuit flavour in Brighton where they live.
I bought her three boxes of it. She made a cup of tea with one of the teabags once when she was here.... Yuk... just the smell, of it made me heave.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:48 PM

Oh not much hot fluid passing your lips then OGF ,cups indeed ,never would have thought it of you a Yorkshireman.
When I was a girl growing up in Yorkshire everyone seemed to mash it in a teapot but I can’t remember ever drinking tea then. Probably because I don’t like strong tea!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Oh not much hot fluid passing your lips then OGF ,cups indeed ,never would have thought it of you a Yorkshireman.
When I was a girl growing up in Yorkshire everyone seemed to mash it in a teapot but I can’t remember ever drinking tea then. Probably because I don’t like strong tea!
The one thing (the only thing) my Grandad did around the house was to make the tea. It was a precision operation, timing was the most important thing and the tea had to be left in the pot for the correct number of minutes. Pre-heated cups of course and milk went in afterwards.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top